Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PSA: The Correct Track Listing for Fall Out Boy’s ‘Mania’ • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 18, 2018.

1. heymattrick

Sending my love

I really felt that Stay Frosty into Last of the Real Ones as #1 and #2 really set the tone of the whole album. I would say the correct order is very important.

Stay Frosty is life. It’s my actual favorite song right now and rapidly is becoming my favorite Fall Out Boy chorus.

2. oneeightytwo

Regular

Let’s give this order a shot.

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Cool. Loved "The Last of the Real Ones" and "Young & Menace."

"Stay Frosty" sounds great upon first listen. Looking forward to diving into the full album tonight after work.

4. Tim

Taste is subjective, we don't like the same things, etc...

But, honest question: Are you a fan of old FOB? Is that line really that out of character for that band?

Jason Tate and dadbolt like this.
  5. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Bishop’s Knife Trick is easily my favorite.

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Aw man I was hoping you'd like this record, I think it's super good. Stay Frosty and Champions arent nearly as good as the rest, and that line in Stay Frosty is a lot better when you take in the whole record.

Jason Tate and mattylikesfilms like this.
  7. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I've loved Young and Menace since it was released. I think seeing people lose their mind about it even made me love it even more haha

8. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

I was an immediate fan of American Beauty/American Psycho when it dropped, but it may take this one a while to grow on me as a whole, even though I really enjoy a lot of the individual songs. Really feeling "Church" this morning.

9. btr

Trusted Supporter

It's stressing me out that so many people are getting this without a correct tracklist

Matt Chylak, dotKev and jlinitz like this.
  10. CaRoL_ Jan 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 19, 2018)
    CaRoL_

Ahoy!

Spotify also has the wrong track listing. I created a playlist with the right order, in case anyone's interested:

(link)

Awesome album, btw.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  11. kwilcox

Yes. It is a completely different (and much better) listen in the correct order!

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

songs 1-10 really are great

bachna84, solxace, Jason Tate and 2 others like this.
  13. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Thank you for posting this! Personally, I couldn't stand Young And Menace when it first came out so I don't want to start off my album listening experience with that

14. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Anyone know what order the vinyl is in? Correct one or incorrect? Holding off on buying it right now

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

You'd think the band would want the track list fixed ASAP on streaming services, no? Pretty bad that so many people are going to be listening to it completely out of order for their first time.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Love the old FOB. I even think Folie is a masterpiece. I also dig a couple songs off SRAR and the last record (in a turn off my brain and enjoy it for what it is way) but this new record is just.... nah.

Obviously it’s best for me to just stick to the old records. Bummer.

BirdPerson and Analog Drummer like this.
  17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I maybe like “Church” but that’s possibly it. I’m reaching here too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

There are some tracks that didn't grab me on first listen (Sunshine and Bishop), but overall the album is awesome. I listened in the wrong order though.

cosmickid likes this.
  19. Tim

I wasn't asking about the sound, though. I was asking about the lyric, since your comment singled just the words out as your point of contention.

I'm cool with this band's new sound not being for you. I greatly prefer new FOB to classic FOB, but different people have different tastes. I simply don't get how you could have such a big issue with a lyric that I could totally picture being in one of their pop punk songs.

20. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Not even Heaven's Gate? Sad

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  21. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I think I wasn't in the right mood for that during the night ehh, and it was a mistake to give it a first listen on my headphones... I'll still give it a chance blasting it through speakers!

22. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well, I loved that line, though it's a bit weird hahh - but - I'm sure I absolutely couldn't picture lyrics like that in their early material, common! ;d

23. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Definitely more consistent than AB/AP. That record was the most uneven they've ever released with a few killer singles. Never understood why they released the bland "Irresistible" as the 3rd single when "Favorite Record" would have been an all-around smash.

As for Mania, I'm liking it so far. Some songs fall a bit too much into the cheesy pop area but it all sounds like the record the band wanted ot make.

Bartek T. likes this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It’s one of the better tracks, for sure, but it’s nothing that I really enjoyed.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I don’t have a “big issue” with that lyric. I just think it’s funny (like in a ridiculous way) when paired with their new sound. Their whole shift from SRAR and on perplexes me. It’s not even the fact it’s pop- Folie was pop but I felt soul when I listened to it.

These days I feel nothing from this band. Lyrically, musically, whatever. There’s a few tracks I can enjoy off the last two records but it’s the equivalent of eating empty carbs for me. Folie will definitely be the last record I ever appreciate from this band (especially in terms of lyrics).