Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Protest the Hero Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Nov 18, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Just realized there was no PTH thread, sacrilegious!

Pacific Myth was officially released to non-subscribers of the Bandcamp campaign.

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Gonna have to listen to this. I liked Volition, but nothing caught my attention as much as Kezia or Fortress.

3. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I need to revisit Gallop Meets the Earth. Seriously, the banter between songs is well worth it.

4. redwing91007

Haha, 100% agree. I've listened so many times I have started reciting the banter when I listen. That was peak PTH for me.

5. sawhney[rusted]2

My friends and I were laughing our asses off when we saw them on that tour...Rody's hysterical

6. sawhney[rusted]2

Oh shit Harbinger is a fucking banger

7. DeRRek

Trusted

Anyone else pick up kezia deluxe vinyl box set today?

8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Need to get back into this band.

DeRRek likes this.
  9. sukottokairu

Regular

i tried to make a thread for Pacific Myth a while back and it never got any replies... seems like not a ton of people on this site are into the band, which is a shame because they are great! one of the most talented groups in post-hardcore/metal. love all their material, and they get better with age, Volition and Pacific Myth are both incredible and anyone who hasn't checked those out, definitely should!

DeRRek likes this.
  10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I loved Kezia when it came out but then only casually listened to the rest of their stuff after that. I'm gonna use this thread as a reminder to explore their discography more.

11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'm not a huge fan of the remaster, and I've heard about issue with the vinyl pressing with the remaster as well, so as much as that album means so much to me (seriously, Kezia is one of my most formative album listens), I passed on it :/

DeRRek likes this.
  12. redwing91007

I wanted it so bad but I couldn't justify spending money on an album I already own on vinyl, even though the packaging is wild.

DeRRek likes this.
  13. DeRRek

Trusted

Haha. I made a thread for the Fullblast and it seemed not many were interested in that either. Think I may have deleted it in the end. I agree though, it is a shame because PTH are amazing. Every release has been phenomenal in my eyes

14. DeRRek

Trusted

Fair enough. They may have sorted that issue for this one hopefully. Also, that Kezia slipmat would look good on my record player ;)

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I used to have this DVD - honestly all I noticed was how lifeless the guitarists were in comparison to the music. They noodled for hours while literally just standing there - y'all know you're filming a DVD right?

Fortress is underrated though. Solid follow-up album and should've helped them explode.

16. redwing91007

Back in the band's early days, they would all run around like crazy people. It made for an incredibly sloppy show. I've come to accept that if they are going to sound good they need to stand more or less in the same spot haha.

I LOVE Gallop Meets the Earth, I think I still have 2 copies of it lying around.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  17. redwing91007

18. zmtr

Trusted

Used to love this band. I should go through their discog again

redwing91007 likes this.
  19. zmtr

Trusted

I remember almost hyperventilating the first time I heard Heretics and Killers. It blew me away.

20. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Fortress 10 year Tour

[​IMG]

DeRRek likes this.
  21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

No Texas dates?

skurt likes this.
  22. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

23. sukottokairu

Regular

fortress is a great album, wish i could make one of these!

skurt likes this.
  24. sawhney[rusted]2

metal classic 4 me. gotta head to this since I missed the Kezia show I bought a ticket to

25. DeRRek

Trusted

That’s awesome. Would love them to come over to Scotland with this. Also, if someone on here purchased the Kezia vinyl box set a while back, could you please confirm if you actually received it or not? As I ordered it way back when it first went up for pre order. However it was taking so long and when I contacted the website they said they wouldn’t be able to send an email confirming when it was despatched which I thought sounded dodgy so decided to cancel my pre order in the end. I really wanted that box set though. Haha.