Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Protest the Hero - Palimpsest (June 18, 2020) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

hey thanks, was a pleasure to write for this magnificent record

Micah511 likes this.
  2. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

This remains a very, very good record.

"All hands! All hands!"

Crisp X and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I obviously agree.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  4. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

sawhney[rusted]2 and Micah511 like this.
  5. Micah511

Doing a discog run. I used to not feel this way, but Volition is pretty dang good, and an improvement over Scurrilous, which was a step down from Fortress. I think if I had to discog rank:

Palimpsest
    Fortress
    Kezia
    Volition
    Scurrilous
    Pacific Myth

6. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Micah511 likes this.
  7. Micah511

Yeah I'm jamming these currently. I love this album so much. Maybe it's just Bandcamp, but the mix sounds so much "punchier" than the full length.

8. Micah511

9. Micah511

Satyr released their new album Totem today that has huge PTH vibes, but without sounding like a copycat. Hard to imagine anyone a fan of this album doesn't find something to like here.

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

love this band

Micah511 likes this.
  11. Micah511

They announced on FB that Mike (the drummer) is leaving, which is a bummer. So when they tour from here on out it will be Rody, Tim, and three touring members. Kind of a bummer. They did mention that they have new stuff in the works that they'll talk about soon, so that is very exciting.

Palimpsest is working it's way into one of my favorite albums ever. I never get tired of it. I still listen to it all the time and am blown away.

Phantoms, Crisp X and ezmo311 like this.
  12. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

I'm really surprised, like Micah, how it hasn't gotten old at all. I can still pick it up and listen all the way through. It's such a good album

Micah511 likes this.

13. The statement reads like they've written some new stuff together before his departure. Sad to see them reduced to a duo for the live shows, but I have no doubt their future studio output is going to deliver as usual.

Phantoms, ezmo311 and Micah511 like this.
  14. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

IIRC I feel like the same thing happened when Arif left going into... Scurrilous? There were a few songs written by him or at least partially written. But he departed before release.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This reminds me a bunch of The receiving end on sirens. Might mostly be him sounding a lot like Casey.

16. Micah511 Jun 29, 2023
    (Last edited: Jun 29, 2023)
    Micah511

3 years of this album. Some chatter about the band in the Metal Thread made me want to bump this. My thoughts haven't changed on this at all. I think it's my favorite album of the 2020s so far.

EDIT: Just... How is Reverie > Little Snakes > Gardenias so freaking good? HOW am I still gushing over this 3 years later??

Alright I'm done.

ezmo311, Crisp X and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Album is great - and the lineup for their halloween tour is fantastic. May need to jump on that show

18. Micah511

The Atlanta show is on my anniversary and my wife is not a fan... Not sure how to work that one out, but yeah, Moontooth are fun enough live, and I would love to catch the Daoboys.

ezmo311 likes this.
  19. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

Baltimore is my closest show and I'm debating making the drive. Love me some Daoboys and I haven't seen PTH since the tour with August Burns Red

20. hollowmines

Regular

PTH are admittedly my least favourite band on the bill (w/ Moon Tooth, Callous Daoboys and, at our stop, Covet[!]) but I can't imagine they won't be fun live.

21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

All the live videos I’ve seen of them are very boring haha. I like their music though

ezmo311 likes this.
  22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

23. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

24. Micah511

Oh boy, before I click, if they disrespect Palimpsest...

EDIT: Alright yeah I can respect the Fortress > Kezia > Palimpsest ranking.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Hard to hate the top 3 lol, they can respectably be anyone's top 3 in any order

ezmo311 likes this.