Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Protest the Hero - Palimpsest (June 18, 2020) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Apr 16, 2020.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Crisp X likes this.
  2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Those harsh vocals in Gardenias were apparently done in one track, both the high and low end screams/growls.:embarrassed:

3. Micah511

ezmo311 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

Just hit me how hard the screams of Little Snakes goes at the end. Wow

waking season and Micah511 like this.
  5. Micah511

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. Micah511

I think this might be my favorite PTH record.

ezmo311 likes this.
  7. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Was kinda underwhelmed by this at first, but after half a dozen listens, it's grown on me tremendously. From the Sky, All Hands, Gardenais and Rivet all absolutely punch faces. Just indiscriminately breaking jaws and knocking teeth out all over the place.

Canada fuck yeah.

8. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I've lost track of this band over the years but me and buddies listened to All Hands during a chell sesh last night and agreed it was a motherfucking jam on toast

9. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Pretty blown away by this, I always really loved Kezia and this reminds me a lot of that album, except this might even be better honestly

10. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Also, :eyes:them lyrics to Rivet, holy shit

sawhney[rusted]2 and Micah511 like this.
  11. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

the "45 feet through the air" bit on "Gardenias" reminds me of the last minute of "Kuroi Ledge" by A Lot Like Birds. this is a very good thing

12. Micah511

Still here listening to this at least once a day. The orchestral flourishes add so much depth. Also it's just so CATCHY. I have like, 4 different parts stuck in my head throughout the day.

ezmo311 likes this.
  13. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

I come back to it pretty much daily as well. Still trying to pace myself, but it's not working lately :crylaugh:

Trying to hit up some of the members' 1/2 year AOTY lists to give myself some other new music.

14. Micah511

same. been trying to discover new progressive metal since its a genre i dont seek out new bands from often. found The Ocean and Caligula's Horse in the last week or so and really dig those, so that's given me a good breather in between listening to this.

Crisp X likes this.
  15. strangeterrain

Regular

I love this album so much. Might be Top 1 for PTH.

Micah511 likes this.
  16. Have you heard of Textures?

17. Micah511

I have not! checking them out now.

18. I especially recommend Silhouettes. It came out a few months after Fortress and I remember listening to both on repeat at the time. Tremendous album.

19. Rowan5215

weird question but does anyone have the original mixes of Pacific Myth lying around? I keep hearing they were so much better than the final mixes that are available everywhere, but apparently there's no way to get the originals unless you were part of the original subscription

20. Micah511

Hmm, I’ll check on this tomorrow. I don’t think it’s vastly different though.

21. Rowan5215

managed to find them - def a noticeable difference, it's like they brought up every instrument massively on the final mixes for some reason. originals are much closer to a Fortress style master, a lot easier on the ears

22. Micah511

23. strangeterrain

Regular

I continue to absolutely love this album. The lyrics add so much depth. At first I was uneasy about ending with a song that chants “Let’s make America great again.” (Reusing opposing slogans just seems to give the slogan more power.) But it’s such a fitting conclusion to an album filled with vignettes of how America’s “greatness” was anything but.

24. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah and it’s from a bunch of Canadians so it makes more sense perspective wise too haha

strangeterrain likes this.
  25. Micah511

100%, and I think that lyrical depth is why this one is my favorite of theirs compared to Fortress.

ezmo311 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.