Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Proper. - I Spent the Winter Writing Songs About Getting Better (July 26th 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Carrow, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

BSM store is restocked

Carrow likes this.
  2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

3. Gallhammer and Carrow like this.
  4. Don't wanna think about Elijah McClain
    Or how my little brother shares the same face and name
    Don't wanna think about the pit in my chest
    Worried it could be him or me that's next

This is an absolute fucking STUNNER.

matthaber likes this.
  5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Wow that song is amazing

6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

7. New record's gotta be on the horizon. Absolutely love this.

8. I love the guitars on this

9. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

oooooooooof this is literally the last band I expected to be announcing dates with TMP

Carrow likes this.
  11. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

I’d be fully on board with that if we didn’t know that Dylan’s attempt at ‘restorative justice’ was completely self-serving and that he still has not done right by the survivor

also tmp has wiped Dylan’s apology from all their socials so I guess he’s not sorry anymore

Joe4th and Anthony_ like this.
  12. Anthony_ Jun 7, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2021)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah that would be a real nice sentiment if the TMP rapist dude had actually done any work to earn restorative justice. Curiously absent from that tweet thread is what "work" the TMP rapist dude has actually done.

Allowing people like that to return to their platform without doing any work only perpetuates the problem, it doesn't solve anything.

TriangularDuck likes this.
  13. If proper says he’s doing the work then I tend to believe them over all of our assumptions on what has or hasn’t been done

14. And I trust proper’s booking agents too but that doesn’t mean everyone needs or should have that same level of trust

15. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

I'm not assuming anything. I'm taking words directly from the survivor saying that he hasn't 'done the work', at least any of the work I personally consider important. Any 'work' Dylan has done is merely virtue signaling when he hasn't done right by the survivor. When asked about said 'work' Proper. pointed to Dylan's statement - you know, the one that TMP has deleted from their socials.

16. Anthony_

There's more in the full statement.

If the survivor isn't happy with what Dylan's done, I don't see why anyone else should give a shit what Proper or what Proper's booking agent thinks is being done.

17. Welp I didn’t see that - disregard anything I said then

TriangularDuck likes this.
  18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

19. Woof what terrible tweets - makes my previous posts look so stupid - sorry everyone!

ItsAndrew likes this.
  20. Anthony_

21. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Wow.

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

jordalsh likes this.
  24. ItsAndrew