Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Propagandhi - Victory Lap (September 29, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jorbjorb, Jul 19, 2017.

1. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Chris Hannah is also great in New Girl.

Oh, wait—that’s Jake Johnson, my bad.

jorbjorb and Jason Tate like this.
  2. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I went back and listened to Failed States last night - not really my thing at all, too metal. Victory Lap by comparison is way more fun, a lot more emphasis on melody and clean vocals.

3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

failed states is a little too complicated and knotty to hold onto but "note to self" is one of the best propagandhi songs ever. i agree that the new one is more fun and melodic; it's nearly as good as supporting caste... maybe it is as good

4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

love todd's clean earnest singing on this

5. rbsfeatures

Regular

I like but not love this. I mean, it's still one of my albums of the year, but a little sad there are no absolute bangers on it - the title track is as close as it gets.

For me Supporting Caste is Propagandhi's best album, closely followed by Tomorrow's Empires/Less Talk/Potemkin, just for scale.

There's not a single song on the album that I dislike - they're all 6-7/10 at worst, but none that I utterly love either.

Whereas, for example, on Supporting Caste, Night Letters, Dear Coaches Corner, Without Love, The Banger’s Embrace, Potemkin City Limits I would say are all outstanding.

The overall sound on this album is more enjoyable (for me) to the last album, although Note to Self and Devil's Creek are better songs than anything on here, and lyrically I think Failed States was stronger as a whole.

6. Love this.

7. When All Your Fears Collide is such a perfect jam.

8. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Bumping to remind how rad this album is

Lower Order/A Good Laugh, Failed Imagineers and Cop Just Out Of Frame are all top notch

KidLightning and popdisaster00 like this.
  9. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

the bonus track from this 'Laughing Stock' is on streaming

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

listening to them for the first time. i like it. thanks

11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

album rules

popdisaster00 likes this.
  12. vidiviciveni

Trusted