Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Procrastinate! Music Traitors Detail Third Quarter

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Procrastinate! Music Traitors have sent out their third quarter “information report” detailing what they’ve got coming up for the next few months. No, there’s no news about the new Brand New album or next single.

2. SayHello

Regular

This band is ridiculous, lol.

Muzick likes this.
  3. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

So stealth October/November release still possible! Or even the rare December release. I don't think this album is going to have any lead up. I fully expect it to just be up for steaming someday in the future. With probably a pre-order for physical copies.

Or does this include those months from Q4? Do we know when their fiscal year starts? Can we get a look at the revenue projections?

KidLightning likes this.
  4. Why would they say they would release a new single before the end of summer and then not do that WHY

5. :crylaugh:

6. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

There are still more than 2 weeks of summer left. They could very easily put it out on the 22nd and then release the album the next day.

coleslawed and BigMouth like this.
  7. and now this site cries

8. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

I'm just going to abondon all hope until I'm listening to it.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  9. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

At first I was like "entitled", but then I realised Daisy came out 7 years ago and they've toured fairly regularly since.. They've done an f load of UK tours/shows since Daisy came out and I genuinely can't think of a single band that has been even remotely similar. They can do what they want of course, but I can understand the hardcore fans frustration.

I mean, Blink broke up for all intents and purposes, and there was 8 years between those albums.. Crazy to think the gap between BN albums will be almost (if not) the same.

Muzick likes this.
  10. Don't give me hope just so that Brand New can take it away again haha

KidLightning likes this.
  11. shea

RIP Supporter

I quit.

12. SayHello

Regular

The entire album's been scrapped. They're going back in the studio this winter to write and record new music. Which they will, but then they'll hate it two months prior to its release sometime in 2017 and shelf it.

13. SayHello

Regular

I'm a fan, but not a super fan. I just think it's kind of frustrating how this band seems to continually get its fans hopes up. I don't really think it's cute or adds to the aurora of the band like some people do.

14. AutopilotYears

Regular

the only thing one person on reddit pointed out is that this one has "p.t. 1" in the top right-hand corner while the rest of them haven't had that.. so that kind of implies there's a Part 2 with this information otherwise why bother adding that in at all.

also, the rest of them have said "close status, close file no." on the bottom left but this new one only has "close status" which i guess implies the "file no." is still open.

either way, they need to just release some info, its getting pretty tired at this point

15. aniafc

Trusted

Remember when they put up an entire website and made a big game to get their fans' attention all for nothing? I have a feeling they're doing that again and you (and a lot of others) are diving right into it.

Who knows if there will even be an album. Who knows if they'll stay active until 2018 when their shirts said they'd break up. Who knows if they'll break up. God has abandoned us.

SayHello likes this.
  16. Muzick

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: "Fuck Brand New. They're music is good at most."

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

LOL okay what did they do wrong here though..

coleslawed likes this.
  18. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I don't think most of what we interpret as them "withholding" things or leading us on is intentional on the bands part at all. yes, they do some things to be cryptic, but not nearly as much as we give them credit for.

If I'm thinking about the same thing as you, wasn't that around the same time they were sending out the first lyric books last year? and they released Mene, and then put up more lyric books for sale.

there was also another random person, not connected to the band at all, putting out their own mysterious content purporting to be from the band, so that muddles the whole thing up even more.

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I wouldn't believe it if they said it was coming out anyway. I won't believe it until I'm streaming it or have the record in my hands.

20. Kyle1130

Kevin Devine is probably my favorite current artist. Brother's Blood came out in 2009. He's releasing his 4th full length since then. Not to mention all of the 2 song EPs he just put out. I thought after I am Nightmare came out we would hear some news.