Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Prince Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, Mar 6, 2016.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Shut up...already. Damn.

2. cshadows2887

Should I make Prince next week's classic artist, even though none of his stuff is on streaming services? Are people sufficiently resourceful to find shit?

3. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Way too many great musicians gone too soon as of late :(

4. bd007h

There's always youtube lol

5. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Barely anything of his is on YouTube. He was aggressive about keeping his material where he wanted it and nowhere else.

beachdude42 and bd007h like this.
  6. bd007h

Kinda just noticed that. I was able to find When Doves Cry on there to post on facebook as a tribute, but most of them have the audio replaced with other random songs hahaha

7. George

Trusted Prestigious

I would assume that most people would be savvy enough to be able to find his albums that there wouldn't be a problem choosing him for the classic artists thing.

I've only heard three of his records, so I would definitely benefit by exploring more. Just a shame it took this situation to give me a kick up the arse to do so.

cshadows2887 and beachdude42 like this.
  8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I feel like anything else would be inappropriate given the situation.

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah I agree with this. I had been slowly been digging more into his discography, but hadn't really gotten past the "essential albums". I'd be very open to doing this.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  10. cshadows2887

Okay he's next week. Done

bd007h, Craig Manning and beachdude42 like this.
  11. Horrorca

Trusted

one of the greatest ever - I still remember buying a bunch of his records in a single spree and listening to them back to back one night in my bed with headphones on, while a huge storm was pouring outside - I remember being in awe at that night and basically not sleeping at all, just absorbing those purple sounds - I still feel in awe - rest in peace, purple one

12. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Just purchased 'Prince', 'Around the World in a Day' and the Batman Soundtrack (yes I still buy CDs and these were the only cheaper ones still available on Amazon right now). I've been meaning to dive into his discography for a while now as I've only heard 1999, Purple Rain, and Sign O' the Times in full. Sucks that it took his death for me to finally take the plunge into his albums.

beachdude42 and cshadows2887 like this.
  13. cshadows2887

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

14. bd007h

[​IMG]

15. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

cshadows2887 likes this.
  16. bd007h

Like The Righteous Brothers said in 1974: "If there's a rock and roll heaven, well you know they've got a hell of a band"

17. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

18. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Been bumping him all day :concerned: still so incredibly bummed about this

bd007h likes this.
  19. cshadows2887

Never thought I'd say this, but...thank god for MTV

20. bd007h

A step back in the right direction for them.

my sister was born in June of 1981 and MTV launched in August of 1981. From the stories I've heard she would just spend hours in her baby swing watching non-stop music videos on MTV. Needless to say she straight up despises what the station has become haha.

21. cshadows2887

I was about to go digging through my DVD shelves looking for Purple Rain but instead I'll just watch videos until they show it again.

A late night showing of Purple Rain is when I really fell in love with his music the first time, so it feels appropriate.

bd007h likes this.
  22. cshadows2887

I need to write something longform about him, I think. I'm way too broken up about this.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Can't tell you how many people are outside First Avenue nightclub in Minneapolis right now; they've having an all-night party in his honor, free of charge

24. cshadows2887

I seriously considered how I could afford a plane ticket this afternoon when they announced this and the block party.

25. Steel

Regular

Rip Prince. Honestly I wasn't familiar with much of his music but the little bit I knew and what I knew about him everything was amazing