Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Prince Daddy & The Hyena - Cosmic Thrill Seekers (June 28, 2019) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

ITYDELL, Meds, clever girl, broc ched, ctrl+alt+del, Hundo pos, Really?

7/11 tracks

JaytotheGee and ImAMetaphor like this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Wow that's a long setlist lol

Can't wait for my show only a month and a half away haha

3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Looks like they learned their entire discography and are taking requests according to some people on Facebook

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

They said on Twitter they learned 27 songs for this tour

Snoblin and JaytotheGee like this.
  5. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I turned this on today and my ex-bf said “wow this music sounds pathetic” which cleared the last feelings of regret about our breakup.

Also this has the energy that got me hooked on Say Anything way back in junior high. Gotta catch this band live.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like they just played the whole record in full tonight

Snoblin likes this.
  7. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I can’t even begin to describe how truly special the show last night was. They sound so good and the new songs translate so well live. We didn’t get CTSF or Wacky Misadventures but they gave it their all just a few nights after being robbed and i wouldn’t dare to complain.

It’s been wild watching their journey from the first time they played in my living room for SXSW to the release of what is surely going to be my AOTY this year.

COSMIC THRILL SEEKING 4EVER

ItsAndrew, Snoblin, matthaber and 3 others like this.
  8. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I wish I had been around last month when they played in MA

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

10. 5Stories

Regular

I've slept on this band, never gotten that into them until a few weeks ago when I've given the last album some more spins, actually realised it was really good and reminded me of the first Remo Drive album, which I adore.

Then I heard this new one last night and I am flawed. It goes SO HARD and it's so unrelenting and pulls no punches. I'll be shocked if this isn't my album of the year. I'm trying so hard not to listen to it too much and overdo it.

To make things better, a while ago I got tickets to see Oso Oso and I just realised this band are co-headling. That is sick.

11. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Anyone got set times for the current tour? Going tomorrow night in STL, very excited!!

12. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Fuck I would have gone home for this if I knew they were playing STL on a weekend night

Justin Roux likes this.
  13. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Super glad I caught it, I always feel so lucky whenever I get a band in my radius on a weekend :folded::folded:

14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this is way better than the last one but the vocals are still too much for me sometimes. really like the way this flows tho and the closer is great

15. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

The closer is one of my favorite songs of the year

16. Leftandleaving

Honestly think I’m at the point where I quite like this album, which I didn’t really expect. Probably gonna have to revisit the last one now

Snoblin and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  17. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This is exactly what happened to me. It’s still not as good, but there’s a lot of potential in that first album and some other really fun stuff. And both the opener and closer are pdaddy classics that they’ll probably play forever.

18. Leftandleaving

The closer came up on my Spotify shuffle and it’s really unreservedly great. Seems like these guys can close an album out

Snoblin likes this.
  19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Really? is such a damn good song. It started hitting way harder for some reason, truly impressive

20. Leftandleaving

Okay the debut actually kinda slaps. Not sure what I was on about back then. Maybe I just wasn’t sad enough

21. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

@Leftandleaving your slow turn around into a pdaddy fan makes me REAL happy

22. Leftandleaving

this band reminds me of the front bottoms in that most of the lyrics are a little too goofy for me and then now and then there's a line that just totally floors me and makes me question how its the same band. thats the entire second half of the closer for me rn. what a monster of a song. chills at the "if you were here" section

ImAMetaphor and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  23. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

^Make sure you listen to Adult Summers too if you haven’t. Great EP

Snoblin and Leftandleaving like this.
  24. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

listening to Adult Summers is what made this band click with me

The split EP with Pictures of Vernon & Mom Jeans is what solidified my positive opinion.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Thrashville 1 & 2 are definitely top tier material from this band

bedwettingcosmo and Snoblin like this.