Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Priests - The Seduction of Kansas (April 5, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Jan 9, 2019.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

[​IMG]

01 “Jesus’ Son”
    02 “The Seduction Of Kansas”
    03 “Youtube Sartre”
    04 “I’m Clean”
    05 “Ice Cream”
    06 “Good Time Charlie”
    07 “68 Screen”
    08 “Not Perceived”
    09 “Control Freak”
    10 “Carol”
    11 “Interlude”
    12 “Texas Instruments”

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Excited

3. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Yes please

4. In.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Dooopppe

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Loved their last album

7. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

So on board

8. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

That song is fucking great

Fronnyfron likes this.
  9. username

hey you lil piss baby

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

haven't really ever listened to this band before but this song is crazy good

11. username

hey you lil piss baby

Last album was one of my favorites of 2017. This song was especially a standout.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  12. username

hey you lil piss baby

Kinda wild that the reception to these songs (from people I've talked to irl and seen in other comment sections) skews pretty negative. I think they're rad.

13. Leftandleaving

I don't like this as much as the new single - I prefer the softer vocals - but this is cool. definitely gonna need to check out that album

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

Fair enough! The last album is a lot more punk than these new songs, so maybe it won't strike you the same way. The track I posted is a bit of an outlier sonically, but that vocal style is pretty dominant across the album.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  15. Leftandleaving

ah okay, I'm usually pretty into punk, so I'll definitely give it a try. the vocals definitely didn't turn me off enough that I wouldn't be able to enjoy a full album of it, just expected something different after hearing the new stuff haha

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

My band opened for them years ago and I had to leave before they played and it's been one of my biggest regrets

17. username

hey you lil piss baby

18. username

hey you lil piss baby

19. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Don’t like it as much as the first two but it’s still good as hell

20. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Really curious to hear what people think of this, it wasn’t as immediate for me as I thought it’d be based off the singles but it’s very good. I think it’s just gonna take a couple listens to really click

21. username

hey you lil piss baby

I thought this was really good. It's definitely a shift away from the more traditional punk of their older stuff, but it still has that sense of urgency. Every song feels like its teetering on the edge of collapse. We'll see if it holds up over time like Nothing Feels Natural, but I'm impressed off my first listen.

I don't think this is going to get anywhere near the level of recognition of their last album though and that's a bummer. I hope they're still able to stick around and find success/a bigger audience, because they're one of the best new-ish bands around.

22. username

hey you lil piss baby

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I really liked the singles but I'm having trouble getting through the album, a lot of these songs are pretty boring. it doesn't help that Martha and Kitty released incredibly addicting albums the same day

24. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I unfortunately haven’t listened to anything except Pup and this album is a victim.

25. Leftandleaving

a lot of this reminds me of the national, but more energetic