Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Prey (Dan Trachtenberg; August 5, 2022) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Jun 8, 2022.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I hoped this would be better, but it was still solid overall. The beginning felt a little rushed, but the action in the last 30 minutes was good, particularly the final fight. And that musket gag was delightful.

Naru being the predator while the actual Predator doesn't see her as a threat was a nice twist on the formula.

2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

A few more thoughts:
    - Amber Midthunder was great, I don't think I've seen her in anything before.
    - The dog ruled. I would die for it.
    - Granted, I know zero french, but it really sounded to me like they were just bumbling jibberish rather than actually speaking the language. And for clarification, if that is the case, I love it.

JoshIsMediocre and coleslawed like this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Well shit, I didn't even realize there was a version in Comanche. My lazy ass just hit play and got the English one. Probably would have preferred the former.

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

The only negative to the other version is that it’s a dub, not alternate takes of them saying the lines. So if you are okay with lips being off, I’m sure it’s fine.

5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Ahh I see, I thought it was shot in both languages.

6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yea, I think that was the general impression at first of it. But that’s not the case.

7. Some insight into why the French sounds different than you might expect.

8. Halitosis Jones Aug 10, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 11, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

i was doing some research into the domesticated dogs Native Americans had. Most dog breeds indigenous to what is now the mainland United States died out during colonization and were replaced by domesticated breeds from Eurasia, and we still actually don't know a lot about these native dogs. There is one breed though, the Carolina Dog (sometimes referred to as the "American Dingo") that researchers believe shares a lot of DNA to the dogs Native Americans had.

The dog in the movie looks to me like it's a Carolina Dog. You could tell they did their research there too.

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I've never seen any predator movie.

This was great. Hulu sneakily becoming awesome is a big surprise.

11. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Yeah right now with Prey, OMITB, Reservations Dogs, and The Bear Hulu is kind of firing at all cylinders.

Personally didn't care for Under The Banner of Heaven or The Dropout, but i understand why people dug those too.

12. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

No trailers for it out yet but very interested in 20th's next Hulu Original movie which will be a romantic comedy take on Romeo & Juliet told from the perspective of the character Rosaline from the screenwriters of 500 Days Of Summer.

stayillogical likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I want her

15. Amazing

16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

give Coco an Oscar

17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this was my first Predator, Prometheus was my first (and still only) Alien.

this was a blast. is it time for me to catch up on all the rest?

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Started Predator 2. What the fuck is this movie? Lol it feels like some bum ass Robocop.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  19. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

movie rules

luck is my specialty!

20. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

The Predator franchise overall is a mixed bag imo, but there’s stuff to like about most of the films. I’d definitely recommend watching the original Predator next.

The first two Alien films are fantastic.

angrycandy and coleslawed like this.
  21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Still the coolest thing released relating to the Alien franchise

22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the coolest thing from the alien franchise is the movie alien, one of the all time greats lol

23. yes, the Alien films specifically. There's something to admire about pretty much all of them even if Resurrection is bunk. Both franchises are worth a watch, just avoid AVP Requiem. Not even worth the watch.

edit: I will say, though, that I recently ranked both franchises together with some friends and not only is this pretty easily the best Predator film, but it's probably top five out of either franchise lol. That shouldn't deter you from the first two Aliens, Prometheus, and Covenant though.

coleslawed and Orla like this.
  24. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Alien and Aliens are both must watches.

25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

How did I never fucking know Van Damme was originally going to be the Predator?