Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Prey (Dan Trachtenberg; August 5, 2022) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Jun 8, 2022.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

2. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

xapplexpiex and Ferrari333SP like this.
  3. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Showing the Predator’s actual face on the cover? Booo

chewbacca110 likes this.
  4. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

The coup de grace is realizing that the thing covered in blood that he clawed through is Jughead's crown.

coleslawed and chewbacca110 like this.
  5. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I'm happy that Predators seems to be finally starting to get some wider recognition over 10 years later

Orla likes this.
  6. She was badass in Legion.

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

9. Already excited to watch this again

10. 333 GANG

ACAB

My first takeaway after watching this is that predator as an opponent is just completely unfair

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  11. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Midthunder for MCU Dani Moonstar

Penlab likes this.
  12. Orla

I mean, are there any sport hunters who don’t have an unfair advantage?

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Yeah, that's the point! Hence the nuclear bombs on their wrists. They refuse to lose (but do almost every time).

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This fucking RULED. The predator fucking up the French dudes, Naru fucking up the French dudes, Naru fucking up the predator. A true shame it wasn’t released in theaters.

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

mattav152 likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol

Speaking to the Hollywood Reporter, Prey director Dan Trachtenberg revealed that the first seeds of the idea came from a car ride when he was a child and a story of a scene that doesn’t exactly exist. “I was in third grade when Predator came out, and I was not allowed to see R-rated movies,” he told the trade. “So then I found myself in the back of a carpool on the way to a karate tournament with all the sixth graders who had just seen Predator, and they spent the entire ride telling me the entire movie. And I vividly remembered that they said there was a scene where Billy, the Native American tracker, stood on a bridge over a waterfall and fought the Predator. But when I eventually saw the movie, that scene was not in it. [Laughs.] The beginning of it is, but then it cuts away. So the seed was planted, and then I thought, ‘Wouldn’t it be awesome to have a movie that focuses on that character’s story?’ And Prey isn’t exactly that, but it is, spiritually.”

19. Orla

Having rewatched each of the films over the past week-and-a-half, my ranking is:

1. Predators
    2. Prey
    3. Predator
    4. The Predator
    5. Predator 2
    6. AvP
    7. AvP: Requiem

20. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Predator 2 feels like a Verhoeven-esque satire at times. Which i think was tonally wrong for this franchise, i but i still dig it.

Orla likes this.
  21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Is AvP: Requiem worth a watch?

22. Orla

No.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  23. No, and you have to understand how truly bad I think it is to say that because I find a lot to like in bad movies. That one is next-level unenjoyable.

24. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Orla likes this.
  25. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I forgot how good that Topher Grace is a serial killer twist at the end of Predators is.

Also as always Walton Goggins kills his role in that.

Orla and DrAlanGrant like this.