Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pretty Little Liars TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by The Pharmacist, Apr 5, 2016.

1. The Pharmacist

Legal Drug Dealer Prestigious

Pretty Little Liars (PLL) is an American teen drama, mystery–thriller television series loosely based on the popular book series of the same title, written by Sara Shepard.

Starring :
    Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings
    Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin
    Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery
    Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields
    Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis
    Tyler Blackburn as Caleb Rivers
    Janel Parrish as Mona Vanderwaal
    Ian Harding as Ezra Fitz

Currently in Season 6 and is shown on FreeForm (formerly ABCFamily)

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

This show has become so incredibly disappointing to me but I still can't get myself to stop watching.

The Pharmacist and Raku like this.
  3. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I wish there were people to talk about this show with, but I know this site isn't really run by the target audience, haha

4. supernovagirl

(I tried to make this not a double post but I failed sorry)
    This is me 100%

5. Meerkat

It's all good. The chemistry before the four main actresses is so fun to watch and I love that female friendship is one of the most prominent themes of one of the most popular shows for this demographic. But I can't forgive a lot of their representation issues. The storyline also got way sloppy

supernovagirl likes this.
  6. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

This show was literally my life for years. I'm behind on like 2 full seasons now. My friend tried filling me and I didn't even know who half the people were that she was mentioning. Epguides.com shows a season 7 though, wasn't 6 supposed to be the final one?

7. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I was behind two seasons and I watched the finale with the official big A reveal, then started the current season and wasn't lost at all. Nothing really happens. Time has gone by now, the girls have different boyfriends, no biggie.

8. supernovagirl

They keep saying that. But apparently season 7 is "the last season AS WE KNOW IT" which leads some people to believe that they might start over with a new cast or drop some of the main characters or a spin off or, anything really.

@Meerkat to go off what you are saying, I agree completely. They have gone off-the-rails problematic and even their friendship theme is slacking (coughcoughspalebcough) (which reminds me- is there a way to put stuff in spoiler tags like before? Gonna go ahead and tag @Jason Tate since I don't see him strolling into the PLL thread anytime soon lol)
    Anyway yeah the plot holes are one of the biggest sources of frustration as well. I used to think the writers were so clever, now I know they have basically been winging it all along.

9. [spoiler]everyone i know watches this show but i've seen only one episode.[/spoiler]

Meerkat likes this.
  10. supernovagirl

hmmm? But do you really know a lot of people that watch this? haha. I think it is the definition of an addicting guilty pleasure.

11. Hah, yeah, my sister and girlfriend love it and I just text them group texts like, "I'm still here bitches, and I know everything. -A"

They don't find me as funny as I find myself.

12. supernovagirl

hahahah I have definitely been a part of pranks that included texts from A. PLL watchers are typically gullible scaredy cats so it is fun. Except when you're the one getting the texts...

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

Spin-off would be ballsy considering how badly Ravenswood bombed. I think they should just make a movie and call it a day.

Raku and Jason Tate like this.
  14. Mikeisonfire

T A C O B E L L

HALEB 4EVER.

The Pharmacist and supernovagirl like this.
  15. Raku

Regular

The recent season (after the timejump) was disappointing for me. I dropped it after Allison was dumb enough to think one of her friends would be able to kill her sister because one of them didn't show up for her dinner party >_> I might pick it up again later and finish it, but I'm also disappointed by the fact that we are going through a soft reboot with a new A/villain after the main A was revealed before the midseason finale. I personally think it would have been nice to just drop the whole A/villain thing, and just have a season where we deal with the aftermath of the A saga kind of like what they were doing when the liars finally brought Allison back home before A started messing with them again. I think it would be cool tying up loose ends, and deal with the aftermath drama that way without a major villain bugging the cast.

The sad thing is that I liked Ravenswood to bad it they didn't give it a second chance.

Although, I think what made it fail the most is that it spun of from one genre show into another. (Would be like if a Horror/Supernatural show spun off into a Sitcom/Romcom).

16. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I used to really enjoy this show, but then it got really boring and repetitive and I gave up.

Colby Searcy and Raku like this.
  17. Meerkat

I think it was a mistake to not ditch the A cat and mouse game for the time jump. Time jump should've been addressing potential PTSD, struggling to move on, the strain it put on relationships, etc

Raku likes this.
  18. supernovagirl

Agreed! That's what I've always wanted. A wrap up movie that ties everything into a bow to say goodbye. Who knows, that could be a possibility.

Agreed with alllll of this. Also, why did the spoiler tag work for you but not jason? I guess he was just showing me how to do it haha, which makes sense.

and yes I agree with all of the above that they should have focused on moving on and unraveling the past instead of going full speed ahead into some mystery villain. I can't care about new stuff when they've swept so many old things under the rug.

Raku likes this.
  19. Meerkat

Exactly. Especially given how many questions are still unresolved. I also think they criminally underuse Janel Parrish/Mona. A great character given a really stellar performance and she's barely been around. That's been one of the biggest disappointments of the series for me (aside from the majorly problematic/offensive decisions they've made). Parrish is phenomenal in the role

20. supernovagirl

could not agree more! I LOVE mona. Janel Parrish just kills it as the villain and I think they should have explored that way more.

The Pharmacist likes this.
  21. The Pharmacist

Pretty much my life with this show right now

22. The Pharmacist

I'm Dying right now. This is great

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. The Pharmacist

24. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I'm bringing this back from the Dead.

I'm through S1 E17 and loving it.

I love the clothing/hat/hair choices of everyone especially Troian.

25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

The first couple seasons are definitely a fun watch then the writing just gets messy af

Raku, supernovagirl and Colby Searcy like this.