Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Premature Christmas Watching Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TedSchmosby, Nov 30, 2016.

1. TedSchmosby

Trusted

What are you guys watching this holiday season?

I've been waiting until December 1 to start my festive viewings, but my roommates and I have decided to cave tonight and watch the 1966 Grinch special and the Jim Carrey Grinch. Then I'm starting tomorrow with Moral Oral over breakfast, and from there, it's Christmas all month sirs.

2. EarthShifts

Trusted

Watched Elf over the weekend and Rudolph was on TV last night.

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I think Elf is going to be the one I start December with tomorrow evening. Last year, my roommate and I decided we would watch it every night before bed. We made it until December 4th. It didn't stop being fantastic, but there were other movies that needed some love

4. Watched Rudolph and some Hallmark Channel movies already.

5. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

My wife was out of town today so I had a quiet evening alone as I sifted through some old specials I used to watch as a kid. I watched the Hey Arnold Christmas special. It's been kind of an emotional year. I cried.

ChaseTx likes this.
  6. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I was about to watch that for the first time yesterday morning, but it was 20 minutes and I only had time for a 10 minute show. It's worth checking out?

7. Nyquist Dec 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 3, 2016)
    Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Oh yes. One of those underrated specials that manages to hold up really well. Given current events, it also feels very timely.

8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Die Hard and Lethal Weapon are my favorite Christmas movies

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

So far I've watched Krampus, A Very Murray Christmas, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas, and Silent Night Deadly Night

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I can't stand most Christmas specials and Christmas movies, so if I do watch Christmas films it's either something like Die Hard or one of Shane Black's films, or something like The Night Before (which was actually surprisingly pretty good last year!). The only straight-up Christmas movies generally considered "classics" that I enjoy are Christmas Vacation and Elf.

The Nightmare Before Christmas is too caught in two worlds (much like it's main character, heh heh) for me to fully be a Christmas film.

11. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Night Before isn't on any streaming sites (Netflix, Amazon, etc.), right?

12. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Two of the best

13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Home Alone as well.

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I don't believe so but it was definitely worth checking out.

15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

16. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Got broken up with cuz of this.

edit: wrong thread

ChaseTx likes this.
  17. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Watched Elf last night and was immediately reminded why it's a modern Christmas classic. The performances, the sets, the story, everything about it is so fantastic. Definitely my favourite Christmas movie to come out since - what - Home Alone? (Though I think after a few rewatches, Arthur Christmas might climb up there, which I just watched for the first time the other night)

ChaseTx and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  18. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Need to get in Christmas Vacation, a Christmas Horror Story, Silent Night Deadly Night 1-3 and the reboot, Elf, and Home Alone which is somehow missing from my collection

19. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I love cheesy family Christmas movies. My personal tradition is to just sit and play 3DS or something while watching. This year I've gotten through The Santa Clause 1 and 2, I'll Be Home for Christmas, Jingle All the Way, and the classics, Rudolph and Frosty. Saving Elf to watch with my little sister and then Christmas Vacation/A Christmas Story for family watching on Christmas Eve. I'm a sucker for holiday traditions and I'm pretty convinced I'll do the exact same things every year until I die.

TedSchmosby likes this.