Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Preacher (AMC) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I believe Talking Preacher is on as well tonight.

Last night was great. The Saint of Killers is terrifying.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I was so happy when I saw it wasn't going to air on Sundays for good. There's already too much stuff on Sundays. Way, way too much haha

3. Great premiere. I liked that it was just focused on the 3 main characters being chased by that Saint of Killers dude. Shootout on the highway was so much fun.

4. Anthony_

Preaching Preacher would've been better.

5. Anthony_

Liked episode 2 a lot as well. This is shaping up to be a killer season.

6. Ya last night's ep was great. Loved everything about Fiore's magic show.

7. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

After hearing all the positive talk about the first two episodes, I blew through five episodes of season 1 last night. Fell behind and never got around to catching up. Started episode 1 of season two and got to the highway shootout before having to head for work. Excited to finish it tonight.

8. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I love how (as someone who hasn't read the comics) it feels like this show can go anywhere, twisting and turning, shifting its plot in some way every 15 minutes. Very fun to watch, I hope the rest of the season keeps it up.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I'm actually glad I haven't read the comics, I feel like it's letting me enjoy it more since I have no idea what to expect

Also Seth and Evan seem to be genuinely very good directors

Davjs likes this.
  10. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

It's really not following the comics at all so having read them doesn't matter much.

The first two episodes this season were so damn good.

11. Rogen and Goldberg directed the first 2 eps of last season too, so it'll be interesting to see if this season maintains its quality when they start switching up directors.

Davjs likes this.
  12. Anthony_

coleslawed and Joe like this.
  13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I watched the pilot last year, liked it, but somehow never got around to the rest (love the comics too). I think I'm gonna spend some free time this weekend catching up.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Vivatoto

Lol wow that opening scene was something

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  15. Anthony_

"We're looking for God."

"...All three of you?"

Vivatoto likes this.
  16. Vivatoto

The huge dose of new comic characters also got me crazy excited. Starrrrr

17. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I have season 2 episodes recorded. Alright if I start with those and then go back?

18. Davjs

Trusted

There will be a lot of context missing and might make season 1 feel underwhelming since the show keeps getting better.

Jusscali likes this.
  19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've heard a lot about how this doesn't follow the comics much, but does it follow it at all? I don't read them, so I have no idea.

Also, wasn't Odin a big part of the comics? Is he officially done with now that the whole town blew up? Or was he just in the comics for a small amount of time (and wasn't Season 1 not part of the comics at all? Other than the characters?)

20. I know nothing about the comics. Another good ep last night. That last fight scene was a fun. I loved how it was set in that small room and the camera had to swing under and around them.

21. Vivatoto

Like barely. The characters they introduced recently have all been from the comics and it looks like they're heading in that direction. Having read the comics I have no idea what's going to happen, but I'm still recognizing characters, they're just doing completely different things.

No Odin was not a big part of the comics. He was the villain for one arc in the second to last arc of the series and it was the most stand alone of any of the arcs in the series. He had a bigger part in the show.

No season 1 was not in the comics. everyone in Jesse's church dies in the first issue and they're on the road.

Davjs likes this.
  22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Thanks for the clarification. I've heard a lot from people who have read the comics who also say they're not sure where it's going.

23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This season has been great.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think tonight's episode was my favorite of the entire series.

25. Vivatoto

They did a really good job with making Victor likeable when I was just like fuck this guy at first.