Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Preacher (AMC) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 1, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I'm honestly enjoying the hell out of this. I just watched the last 3 episodes and it is much better to binge watch this show.

Vivatoto likes this.
  2. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

Show is so much better than I anticipated it being.

3. EngineDown

Finale has been great so far

4. EngineDown

Can't wait for season two now, wow

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The finale was fucking fantastic. This show took me quite a few episodes to get into at first but I'm fully on board now. The scene with "God" was amazing, and that No Rain montage was incredibly well-done too. I'm really excited for the next season now.

Vivatoto likes this.
  6. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Really enjoyed the finale. I think it definitely was a slow burn for this season, though. I still hadn't gone back to read the comics yet, so I'll probably do that now.

Vivatoto likes this.
  7. Vivatoto Aug 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 1, 2016)
    Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Fuck yes, I am so happy. Biggest concern was they were setting up the show to be set in Annville for good and that would have been shitty. Season 2 is going to be awesome.

Ooh and the guy from You're the Worst!

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I know nothing of the comics but wasn't Odin a significant character in the comics?

Didn't the finale just kill him (as well as every single other character) off?

9. Dean Aug 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 2, 2016)
    Dean

Trusted Prestigious

He's been about as big a character as he was in the comics for the arc he appeared in, just with certain elements changed around and him appearing much earlier, I guess to flesh out Annville and because when he does appear in the comics he doesn't necessarily figure that much into the series' main storyline. Annville doesn't feature much in the comics and all of the characters from there were new for TV, apart from Odin, Eugene and the sheriff (who's dead by the time they leave town in the comics anyway).

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That's why I was confused because from my understanding the season finale is pretty much where the comics start? So obviously, Odin would have played into the series after they set out to find God.

Dean likes this.
  11. Vivatoto

Yeah I'd say Quincannon had a larger role in this than in the comics.

12. Vivatoto

I think Odin is in book 5 of 6 if that gives you an idea

13. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, in the comic Odin's role is essentially that he's one of the main characters during one arc, but that arc is also sort of tangential from the main story in the first place, so it doesn't necessarily change that much about the bigger picture for him to be gone already.

14. I like the idea of dealing with grand concepts on a small scale, but this first season felt like it dragged. Sounds like it was just one long prologue to the actual story. I'll stick around for S2 since it seems to be picking up.

15. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I enjoyed the slow burn that the first season was, season 2 looks like it will be epic.

16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I haven't read the comics but have a general idea of how the story goes and I see why they did what they did for the first season.

17. I loved the first episode but they kinda lost me with the next few. But then they got me right back with the last few episodes. I really ended up enjoying the season.

18. Vivatoto

coleslawed and Deanna like this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

Can't come fast enough. Loved the first season and it was such a ballsey move to set up so much in Annville and then just write it all off in a second. AMC has been doing really good work the last 5 years or so.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Season 2 Official Trailer:

Dave Diddy and Vivatoto like this.
  21. Looking forward to this. Enjoyed S1 a good amount.

Davjs likes this.
  22. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Looks good. Was lukewarm about season one but Ruth is worth tuning in.

23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Can't wait for this to come back.

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Loving this so far.

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I already liked this episode more than the majority of S1. Fully into this now

Also just a heads up, E2 is on tomorrow night and then weekly Monday nights for the rest of the season. Didn't even know that until I saw a commercial in the middle of tonight's episode, I thought it was just gonna be Sundays