Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Preacher (AMC) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 1, 2016.

1. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

You sure as shit know now haha.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

heartbeatsbrain likes this.
  3. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

Cory and Vivatoto like this.
  4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Give it one more episode. The 4th episode is great.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I don't think I can do it, haha... Sorry!

6. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I'm confused as to whether or not Jesse knows Cass is a vampire. I know he told him, but I'm not sure if he believed him or just brushed it off.

Also, I'm not sure what the point of this season is, I read a little about the comic and it seems cool if that's what it's leading to but is a whole season necessary to get there? I'm still enjoying it, but the angel stuff is much more interesting than the stuff with the town. I thought after the beginning of this last episode it was going to really get going, but then just kinda fizzled out.

Dean likes this.
  7. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

So much easily the best episode yet. I was laughing my ass off during that opening battle. So curious where the Go To Hell thing is going to go because that is not from the comics (big surprise since, you know, nothing in this show is from the comics)

8. Vivatoto

I think they're trying to show him as a believer before he gets everything taken away. I agree, they don't need a whole season for that. I'm worried they don't even intend on going there.

I don't think Jesse believes he's a real life vampire at this point, could be wrong.

9. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

So far I think there's been a mixed bag of it doing a really good job of drip-feeding information while keeping it entertaining along the way (Cassidy, Tulip, the angels and heaven), and it dragging its heels and basically repeating itself at times (the town in general apart from Odin, Jesse and Tulip's relationship, probably Jesse in general come to think of it).

10. Definitely the best ep so far. The whole intro was great. We finally got some mythos, and the action scene was awesome and hilarious. I liked all the character interactions and what the ep finally culminated in.

11. Vivatoto

Some seriously funny moments this episode. Emily and Cass on the porch, and the dinner party specifically. Cass covering everything in ketchup was great. Also super glad they mentioned John Wayne finally. This is a really weird side of Jesse.

Big complaint this episode is after those incredible Vietnam scenes in the comics to have Jesse's dad be some preacher racist now is just asinine.

Dean likes this.
  12. Dean Jul 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2016)
    Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I guess it would've been hard for them logistically to have it so that Jesse's dad was still a GI in Vietnam, seeing as there's another 20 years added on now from when the comics were released and set. It does potentially have a pretty big knock-on effect with other stuff being changed as well though, whether that ends up being a good or bad thing.

13. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Tulip is worth the price of admission alone, but Jesse kinda sucks. It is kind of slow and it's incredible how much doesn't happen from week to week.

14. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I watched the first three episodes. Not hooked by any means. Should I continue?

15. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I'm gonna stick it out, but right now it's just kind of there.

16. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

The characters are great, but there's pretty much no storyline.

17. I totally forgot about this after they took the week off after the premiere, might have to do lotssssss of catching up

18. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I love that last episode builds up to a cliffhanger and then when this week's episode began, when they started to invade the church it was so underwhelming when the preacher just kicked all of their asses.

I'm enjoying this show but my friend told me the comic was about the preacher's effort to find God in person? You think the show will get to that or go a different way

19. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

I like the way Eugene is being handled in the show.

20. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

was reading preacher vol 2 today on the subway and some old man started yelling at me saying how disgraceful it is for somewhere to wear that uniform and smoke cigarettes. Gotta love being yelled at by random old people for reading a comic.

Vivatoto likes this.
  21. This show is no doubt a slow burn and definitely better to binge watch rather than watching week to week. This past episode just....ended, and I just wanted to put on another. I really wasn't satisfied.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the show and the characters a lot. It's just....something needs to happen and maybe explain things a bit better?

matthaber likes this.
  22. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Reading the comic has really put into perspective how slow paced the show is. More happens in the first 2 issues than this entire season. I get the sense this whole season is really just introducing us to the characters, then hopefully next season we kick things into high gear. I think they have the tone locked down perfectly, they just need to get the ball rolling.

BlackJak094, fluxyjoe and coleslawed like this.
  23. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Show was off to a rough start, but I think it started coming around in the past 4 weeks.

24. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I never liked the mayor but that was pretty messed up

25. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Very Hellraiser esque. I dig it.

Vivatoto likes this.