Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Preacher (AMC) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Loved the second episode a lot. The opening is from my favorite arc in the comic book series so I'm excited to see that, so far it looked gorgeous. The church fight was great. Cass and Jessie feels good and that's pretty damn important.

Cory likes this.
  2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Enjoyed the second episode as well. i've yet to start the comics though so I should probably get on that. So much stuff to read right now while the TV load is light haha.

Cory and Vivatoto like this.
  3. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

The fight in the church was really fantastic. Definitely my highlight so far.

4. Might be my attention span, but this show still doesn't feel completely coherent to me. Still, the characters, action, and overall wackiness are enough to keep me watching.

5. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Definitely enjoyed the 2nd episode more than the first, interested in seeing where the plot is actually going

6. GameOfThrones

Regular

AMC definitely has their own look now. I'll watch, but I don't mind waiting for the season to finish and then binging.

7. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I guess that up to a point it comes with the territory of having to introduce so many different elements, but the first episode was definitely pretty uneven.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Just watched the pilot, wtf just happened haha. I'll try to catch up soon, I liked the episode despite understanding nothing

9. irthesteve

Do I standalone here, or was episode 2 horrible? Not sure if I'll watch any more of the show.

10. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

What specifically didn't you like? I really enjoyed the second episode. Third was good too. I'm enjoying the show very much, but I can definitely see why others wouldn't agree. Kind of mindless entertainment.

11. irthesteve

I guess I found it super slow and I feel like not much happened, I dunno. I'll give it one more episode, it just not be the show for me

12. joe727 Jun 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 19, 2016)
    joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

As someone who read about a quarter of the comics (up to the Proud Americans arc), and has a pretty solid idea of what the plot is and where they're going it's pretty fun to see all these people who have no clue what's happening.

I've struggled with the urge to spoil the plot for people with this show more than I have for any other show.

Vivatoto likes this.
  13. Vivatoto

Lol I know right? It's killing me.

14. joe727 Jun 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 19, 2016)
    joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

I think it's because the basic premise and mission is set up very early in the comics, at least within the first few issues, and the show hasn't really even gotten there yet. So you can't even really explain what it's about without spoiling it for people.

It's clear they're structuring the plot for binge watching and not week to week viewing so i can understand why they're taking so long to get going.

As I heard a reviewer recently say "it's best to be patient and wait for Preacher to hit it's stride, because when Preacher the comic hits it's stride holy fucking shit".

Vivatoto likes this.
  15. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like so far there have been a lot of ostensibly small changes that could lead to it following a pretty different path to the comics in places, such as the three main characters coming together in completely different circumstances, Jesse's father having also been a preacher, and the Adephi apparently being Grail agents and coming after Jesse themselves (whether or not it turns out they're still angels).

Vivatoto likes this.
  16. Vivatoto

When I was telling all my friends and family about the show and getting them excited I said what the main plot was going to be without considering that it would be a spoiler, ha. Now I just have to be like...wait for it....

I think I'll look back on these episodes and be happier about them, at the moment I'm ready for the comic stuff to start though.

17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Finally caught up, loving this so far.

18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I still haven't had time to read the comics, but I'm enjoying the show. Just watched this week's episode. Really enjoying Cassidy the most I think.

Dean likes this.
  19. irthesteve

Alright, sadly I'm gonna quit this show after episode 3, just totally not my thing I guess.

20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Damn, really? That sucks man. I never read the comic, but I'm totally digging this show. Seems to be right up my alley.

21. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

Honestly I think this is my new favorite show, it's such a slow burn with how it divulges information. Unfortunately I suspect it won't last for the same reason I like it.

Vivatoto likes this.
  22. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Interested to see what comes out of Odin "following God"

23. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I'm sure it's going to be some fucked up thing that he genuinely believes God wants haha.

heartbeatsbrain and Dean like this.
  24. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I'll probably binge it when the whole season is up, I liked the first episode a lot, I just can't get excited to watch it now. And I don't know why really.

25. irthesteve

I just kinda found it slow and boring tbh