Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Preacher (AMC) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Apr 1, 2016.

1. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Pretty great, first half was a bit messy with introducing the characters, but I'm down for it.

saw the "open my heart" part coming miles away but it was still great.

DarkHotline likes this.
  2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I thought it was great as well, great gore FX too.

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is not my kind of show usually, and I admittedly watched just because I'm a massive fan of everything Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg do, but even though this is not at all what I was expecting I thought it was fantastic. Awesome action, funny at times, and very unpredictable (for me at least, I knew absolutely nothing about this property before now).

Seth and Evan did a really great job directing too. Will keep watching for sure

DarkHotline likes this.
  4. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Enjoyed the episode. Love Gilgun.

5. Watching it right now and I completely agree with the first half being messy

6. DarkHotline

It was a little messy but that airplane fight scene tho.

llllllllllllllll likes this.
  7. thumbs up from me. don't know why they'd premiere a show and wait two weeks for the next episode though hahah

8. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I liked it but I couldn't figure out the tone they were going for

9. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I really enjoyed it. I thought both fight scenes were pretty well done, especially the plane one. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Never read the comic so had no idea what to expect. Loved the first episode.

12. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Never read them either. Downloaded the first episode on iTunes. Gonna try and watch it tonight.

13. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

I watched the Preacher pilot tonight. I’ve never read the comics. That’s a weird fucking show, but it’s good.

14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Enjoyed this

15. DarkHotline

16. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Might be for the best if you haven't read the comics, honestly this felt nothing like them. All the main characters feel drastically different, imo, kept having to remind myself this is an adaptation. At least as far as introductions go.

Not being negative though, I loved it. Fight scenes were great and same with the performances all around.

17. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Just a heads up if it hasn't been posted yet, the pilot is free on iTunes.

18. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I found the pilot episode quite slow and was disappointed. Not sure if I'll bother with the rest of the episodes. Joseph Gilgun was easily the best part of the show

19. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Just finished the pilot. A lot of fun. Like most here, I haven't read the source material. I'll definitely be continuing the series. I was impressed with the amount of violence and gore. I keep getting surprised with what shows are getting away with now.

Most pilots are pretty messy, especially when it comes to introducing a variety of characters. I'm sure it'll iron out in the next episode.

20. dash64

This is my design

I think this show has a lot of potential and all of the praise/attention it's getting is a good thing. The pilot was great.

21. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I was let down. I read the comics and, while I understand the need to adapt, some of the decisions felt needless,eg, Jesse's father being a preacher and his desire to be a better preacher for his flock. I'll give it a second chance, I just think it could have been better, both in terms of characterization and how they convey the story.

Vivatoto likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I found it quite boring. It opened strong and had good parts, but as a whole didn't do much for me.

23. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

I've been waiting to hear your thoughts on this for a few days, haha. I still remember that preacher avi you used to rock back in the day.

24. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha. This fucking guy. Following me, bro? ;p

atticusfinch likes this.
  25. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Thoughts on episode two? I'm still finding the show highly entertaining. The church fight scene was well choreographed. I'm liking the characters, a little schlocky, but overall interesting. Enough supernatural stuff bubbling under the surface to make me wonder what's going on.