Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Prawn Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Aug 3, 2016.

1. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Basically what everyone above said. Kingfisher plus the 2 b-sides, that were released as the Settled EP. Then the movmou split, then Tony Clark's album that's on bandcamp.... all amazing.

2. socklord

Trusted

I love Kingfisher and their split with MovMou. Run is solid, but wasn’t nearly as good as Kingfisher

3. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Man, Run is chock full of bangers

jciswhatis and jordalsh like this.
  4. socklord

Trusted

Run is solid, but I just never could get into like I did Kingfisher, which clicked immediately for me

waking season likes this.
  5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I like Run but I agree with @socklord. My favorite part of Run is the part of Leopard’s Paw that was in the album teaser video.

6. socklord

Trusted

North Lynx is awesome though and I remember enjoying the back half of the album much more than the front half too

7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Run’s good but north lynx is by far the best song on there

8. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Came across this thread randomly yesterday and haven't stopped listening to this band since. They rule hard.

9. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Man, Kingfisher plus the b sides and the MovMou split are just so good. I might try to give Run another chance soon.

waking season and trevorshmevor like this.
  10. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Settled has become one of my favorite songs of all time... I could listen to that and Built For on repeat forever probably.

EDIT:

Plus this from the split they did in 2014... From 3:40 on is so peak Prawn.

Kmil, waking season and jordalsh like this.
  11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I miss these guys

K0ta likes this.
  12. Micah511

Really feels like a missed opportunity for them to not do a full length with Yip after their incredible two songs on the MovMou split.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. Micah511

just me bumping a thread a year and a half later to say Kingfisher still rules

14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Love Kingfisher and the MovMou split as well as the Tony Clark album. I hope we get new material someday

Friendjamin and Micah511 like this.
  15. jayreimenschneider

Regular

Kingfisher is one of the most underrated records from the amazing year that 2014 was. Or really all of the revival.

16. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

2014 rivals 2011 as the best record release year of the past decade. this album absolutely shined. was the soundtrack for many 11pm summer bike rides home from work.

17. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

I’ve said this before but the Tony Clark album is my favorite “Prawn” album. It’s so good.

jciswhatis likes this.
  18. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Kingfisher is hitting just right today. Wish I'd gotten into this band earlier.

19. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Friendjamin likes this.
  20. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I was just listening to this the other day randomly after like 5 years. Funny to see this thread bump too! Kingfisher is great

Elder Lightning likes this.
  21. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Funny, I was listening to it yesterday unaware of the anniversary (and Prawn has just started playing on shuffle over here ;d). Miss them!

Elder Lightning likes this.
  22. Micah511

This record is still so good. Prolonged Exposure is my favorite.

Elder Lightning and Bartek T. like this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

24. Jonnyplantey

Regular

That single tweet just made me so hype. Really hope they pull through with this!