Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Prawn - Run (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Awww no strings or horns? Kind of a bummer. But I'm still just as stoked to hear this.

KidLightning likes this.
  2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Really exciting single to kick things off, super pumped for the record and I'm glad we don't have to wait terribly long. I also can't imagine the whole record lacks strings/horns-- maybe just this one song.

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

the guitars on that song make me think of a hybrid of Mewithoutyou and Turnover, I really love it instrumentally but the vocals are a bit pitchy... not sure how I feel about it yet, need to hear it in context

4. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

coming in to a Prawn song and calling the vocals 'pitchy' kind of defeats the purpose.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

some of the loudest bass i've heard in a prawn song, album seems to be very rhythm centered

6. cwhit

eh, the vocals sound quite different than usual. i can see it, though pitchy might not be the right word for it

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Kingfisher didn't seem pitchy

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

they are pretty noticeably out of tune at moments, like I said, I may really like it in context its hard to tell. I really love the instrumentals though

9. Kmil

Trusted

Love the new song, pre-ordered the bundle with the shirt and poster. Kingfisher was my album of the year in 2014. All these albums coming out is insane. I feel like Citizen is the one band that's doing a 3 month roll out. I much prefer the 1 month roll out.

10. cwhit

TWIABP and prawn within a week, fuck me up

11. Micah511

"The band recorded the album this March over just two weeks, in a “lake-front old stone church in Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey, but written over the course of two painstaking years.”

Punchier and more proactive, Run refines the sound of 2014’s Kingfisher LP – which swelled with both brass and string arrangement – by concentrating only on the instruments they’re able to play live. Coupled with a production that is consciously raw and provocative, Run is the sound of Prawn at their intoxicating best, mirroring the restless energy of their live shows and moments of sweeping ambience that balances the whole thing on a knife-edge."

OotyPa likes this.
  12. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

so no horns or strings prob

13. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

That's a perfect description.

14. Micah511

that vocal production seems to be an obvious choice based on that release. We'll see about this. i like the song, but i liked the more produced kingfisher and MovMou split more than the stuff before it.

15. cwhit

it's cool to see them switching things up though! definitely more musically driven stuff than melodically, gonna be a cool release.

16. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

The final minute of this song is so great.

cwhit likes this.
  17. cwhit

yup, that's when the whole song comes together and helps justify all that comes before it, real great ending

Snewt likes this.
  18. Kmil

Trusted

TWIABP announced a new album? Where have I been? What a month/year, and Circa Survive as well that week, although I'm not as excited for that as the other 2.

19. Micah511

Prawn, TWIABP, Turnover, Circa, and Citizen all within a couple months. It's gonna be a good fall.

Kmil likes this.
  20. cwhit

so, uh...my first reactions to this record coming soon. happy to call these guys buds, they're really excited about this one

21. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I like that shirt, but with the increased shipping costs over just the vinyl it's effectively $24 for it, which isn't worth it, especially for a tri-blend.

22. Micah511

awesome, can't wait to hear what you think. I'll be good with the raw sound if the music is as good as it is in this song.

23. tucah

not champ Prestigious

not quite what i expected but i love the track all the same, the build in the track to the end is spectacular. cannot wait for the record.

got my preorder in, i'm all set.

24. cwhit

the new song is definitely the "prolonged exposure" of the record, all the songs around it are far more energetic

matthaber likes this.
  25. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

The best music has horns in it.