Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Power Rangers (Dean Israelite, March 24, 2017) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Feb 2, 2016.

1. muniredd

I got a feeling the script is going to be perfect. Longtime fans such as myself i feel will really appreciate the story. Few easter eggs have been revealed which indicate the production is paying tribute, & potentially using elements from the whole franchise, not just mmpr. From what Cranston has said it seems theyre really taking advantage of the folklore, or lack thereof (if you guys remember the original series kinda just jumped into the story, there wasnt much origins)

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The best thing about Power Rangers was how slapstick, stupid and absurd it was. It was Saved by the Bell level quality, style, and tone, just as an action show for kids instead of a sitcom. It's also funny to me that Joseph Khan's fan film was satirizing the concept of dark and gritty reboots of empty, nostalgic properties, and people actually liked the surface level violent and graphic textures, and it looks like something similar might be what's happening here. I hold nothing against this movie and hope it's good, but it's hard for me to imagine Power Rangers being successful if it's trying to be anything except a fun action series for kids and preteens. I hope that's what they're doing and again I hope it's good.

And I loved the Power Rangers as a kid, but can't imagine wanting a property I watched a ton when I was 6 or 7 to grow up with me and stop being what it was supposed to be.

ChaseTx and Raku like this.
  3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Time Force and RPM were pretty serious and darker in tone. They had their silly moments, but I could see a movie focusing on that more serious side of seasons like these.

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Jdaniels likes this.
  5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Kinda digging that.

6. Eric Wilson Jul 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2016)
    Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Here we go... Ready for this. Elizabeth Banks' costume is starting to grow on me.

[​IMG]

ChaseTx likes this.
  7. Greg

I have hope for this movie.

8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I am stoked about everything so far.

9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I'm really wanting it to be good. Loved Power Rangers back in the day, and really excited to see all of the news with this as it comes out.

10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I'm willing to bet this winds up being a surprise smash hit like Deadpool.

11. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hopefully they don't look as tacky as the Green Lantern outfit when they get going.

13. ChaseTx

better look at the helmets. Idk

14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah I'm not sold on the helmets yet either. The mouth piece reminds me of those in the Power/Rangers short.

15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

There's so much about this that seems to be going in a good direction and I really want to like it but those dumb outfits are so bad.

16. Greg

Well, at least some of this is practical suits. Lantern was pure CGI.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

18. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Cool interview. Becky G constantly cutting everyone off was annoying

19. Greg

Ummm I guess green ranger confirmed? Steve Cardenas posted a photo with the new helmets in the background and it shows a green helmet.
    Edit:

Or is it just a weird angle and it looks green? It could be black that looks weird.I tried posting the link but it posted it in the open. Check his fbook and Instagram.

20. ChaseTx

It's black. One of the many weird decisions they made with these costumes is that the black ranger is more of a charcoal gray.

One of the Instagram comments says the helmets lol like bowling balls with faces. That it's 100% accurate.

21. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Very curious how the morphing sequence is going to look like.

22. Greg

It looked green at first, but when I looked again I saw it as a grey.

23. Greg

It is apart of them, it comes from within. Whatever that means.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  24. michael_gatto

Trusted

Yo man, she's just becky from the block.

25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Cameron likes this.