Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Power Rangers (Dean Israelite, March 24, 2017) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Feb 2, 2016.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm into them.

2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

They kind of look like color coded Iron Men but I like it.

Raku likes this.
  3. devenstonow

Noobie

Kinda agree; I like the way it looks on each individual suit, but it'd be cool to have a unifying color

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

All about that.

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Kinda looks like it.

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

They seem unnecessarily bulky and CGI-flavored. Something between the first film's costumes and what some superhero adaptations have accomplished in recent years would have been ideal. I'm not mad at them, though. Could look cool in action.

ChaseTx and Raku like this.
  7. Raku

Regular

I'll be honest, I'm kind of disappointed with the designs. I know this is supposed to be some alternate universal take on MMPR, but I was hoping they could have kept the suit designs somewhat more closer in design than how they handled Rita. I can't help feeling these suit were inspired by the dark fan "movies" released (or unreleased in the past which is somewhat disappointing. That being said though I will give this movie a chance still, and like Nate said;

Hopefully I will like this film in action more than I do looking at all the public concept images (I just hope Zord (and Alpha if he's in the film) are at least kept closer to the source material then everything else in this movie so far.

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah I'm a bit disappointed in the metallic approach. Was hoping for brighter colors and spandex. I'm not really a fan of the original movie costumes as much as the tv costumes either.

Still hoping this won't be too serious or overly CGI'd

Raku likes this.
  9. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

The grey mouth things were always weird to me and still are.

Edit: Not sure what to think of Pink and Yellow's breast plates.

10. Raku

Regular

Funny enough I preferred the movie costumes to the shows because it made sense for when in combat (plus I like the individual powers or equipment each suit/helmet had as opposed to the show), but I see where you're coming from.

And I fully agree with the second one. I hope to whatever deity is out there that they don't try to make this movie be dark and gritty. I think the perfect mix (for a mature power rangers movie (or even show)) would be The Avengers (That seems perfect if you want to make the rangers dark). Other than that I'm gonna try to be optimistic.

11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Well they def match the muted colors of their Zord-gun-whateverthefucks.

And we still have yet to see our white/silver ranger. I wonder if they'll try to keep it a secret and surprise us with a stunt cast?

12. St. Nate

Yup. Jason David Frank.

13. Aaron

Trouble trouble trouble.

Red looks like Lord Zedd.

I like it though!

14. i dig their suits!

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha that's what I was thinking!

Aaron likes this.
  16. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Didnt mind the suits until I noticed Pink and Yellow in wedges and the breast plates.

Also if JDF plays the white or green ranger I'm going to throw popcorn everywhere

17. St. Nate

GO GREEEEEN RANGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Peachfuzz likes this.
  18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Wonder if Bulk and Skull will be in this haha

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. devenstonow

Noobie

I mean, I'm not saying it wouldn't be awful but, like, realistically, I'd go nuts in how great that would be.

20. Raku

Regular

Yeah, I like the actor, and even the character he plays (In fact he's my favorite ranger). It's just that "some old dude" in a cast of young people doesn't make sense to me, and maybe a bit cringey in my taste. I think it's time that someone else plays the white/green ranger.

However a cameo from the original cast would be cool like if they were parents of the new team, or showed up in some other way.

21. Tim

I'm annoyed at myself for not noticing those details at first. Pretty stupid details.

22. Tim

23. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

@Raku I'm just not a fan of JDF. I'll be surprised if he doesn't pop up, but I'd love for it not to happen

24. ChaseTx

Yeah he'll definitely be in it as a cameo at least if they want to give fanservice, but hopefully he's not the only cameo and certainly not have him be the sixth ranger. It's cool to have Tommy guest on the show sometimes, but not the reboot

Raku likes this.
  25. ChaseTx

A bunch of actors from the show have their Facebook profile pics set as some mysterious black triangle logo. Could be related?