Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Power Rangers (Dean Israelite, March 24, 2017) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

From day one, I've wanted the first film to be the origin, the second to be the Green Ranger story ending with him becoming the White Ranger, and the third one to be Ivan Ooze. Though, I'd also take the third one being the White Ranger's story.

I also wanted Lord Zedd to be with Rita from the start. I wonder what their plan is with him at the moment. I could see them treating these villains as disposable and going with Zedd in #2, but I'd rather if they didn't.

Meerkat likes this.
  2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I'd like to see Alien Rangers pop up. I think that'd make a great movie

3. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I just want to see Elizabeth Banks in a space dumpster.

4. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I do hope they keep Rita around too. I'm excited to see how Elizabeth Banks plays her. I can only hope Zedd and Rita's arc doesn't end like this though, haha:

[​IMG]

Oh god Alien Rangers was my favorite arc in the series when I was young. The rangers were turned into children and lost their powers and had to go on an epic quest for the Zeo crystals while the Alien Rangers took over and Rita and Lord Zedd were actually winning and then the team finally got all their crystals together when suddenly the command center was destroyed and the villains actually won and Mighty Morphin was over and the fans were like oh my god wow what happens next.

Anybody remember when they aired these quick little teasers for Zeo during commercial breaks near the end of Mighty Morphin's run? It was awesome!

Actual teasers start at about a minute into the first video:

Meerkat and Tim like this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

An interesting thing about Zedd is that he was originally supposed to completely replace Rita. They were out of Zyuranger footage for Rita and her team so the American studio created Zedd to supplant her. A lot of parents found Zedd to be too dark and scary, so the studio decided to bring Rita back to make the tone lighter and more comedic. That's when they had to hire an American actress to play her, since they couldn't just dub the Japanese actress anymore

Don't kill me if I have some details mixed up

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Totally forgot about the Alien Rangers. I remember thinking they were pretty sweet back in the day.

Meerkat likes this.
  7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Never did watch Alien Rangers. I didn't even know that was a thing.

8. Nyquist

Awwww yeah

Meerkat likes this.
  9. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Yeah I don't want a potential PR cinematic universe to become all about Tommy. Alien Rangers would be rad. But that's also assuming it's more than a one off movie.

10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

If JDF didn't look like such a turd now I'd be more excited for a cameo from him.

11. Nyquist

Alien Rangers also occurred during the period when Kat was the pink ranger, who I always felt was underrated. I liked how her storyline paralleled Tommy's in that Rita manipulated her in the beginning just as she had Tommy (and if I remember correctly Rita also gave her the ability to turn into an actual cat in order to spy on people). It gave her relationship with Tommy a little more depth because they understood each other and the shame they felt.

12. ChaseTx

13. devenstonow

Noobie

I didn't mind the original picture and I'm sure it'll look better on film with controlled lighting, but like, poison ivy

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Whelp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. St. Nate

I like that they're not trying too make it too serious, at least from as far as I can tell aesthetic wise.

16. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

That last pic proves that at some point they're introducing White Ranger in this movie right? Maybe they're skipping green altogether.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

With the amount of green on Rita, that makes sense.

18. ChaseTx

That would be bullshit. Green is superior

Either way hopefully the costumes are brighter than those things

19. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Suits revealed!

[​IMG]

20. St. Nate

I think I like it?

Eric Wilson likes this.
  21. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

22. St. Nate

Raku likes this.
  23. devenstonow

Noobie

The suits are awesome. But not a huge fan of the eyes

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

All the other suits need more gray like the red suit.

25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I think I like them.

Do the girls suits have heels?