Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Power Rangers (Dean Israelite, March 24, 2017) Movie • Page 21

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Still really hope they manage to get a sequel through despite the mediocre box office success.

Erwin89 likes this.
  2. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

I read somewhere that the toyline sold enough to warrant a sequel, so here's to hoping!

3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I still can't get over just how legitimately good this movie was.

When alpha says "Go Go Power Rangers!" And the motherfucking theme song started playing I damn near jumped out my seat and cheered

4. drewinseries

Drew

This was a lot of fun. I'd like to see Tommy in the mix.

5. Davjs

Trusted

With this movie not doing so well box office wise, I can't see there being a sequel just because it would need a way bigger budget. They saved all the power ranger stuff for the last 20 mins....with a sequel you can't do that because they are already established. I can't see a studio green lighting a bigger budget sequel.

I can't wait to see the honest trailer for this movie, there is so much wrong with it lol.

Raku likes this.
  6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I didn't think there was much wrong with this movie at all and found it extremely enjoyable

It wouldn't need that bigger of a budget, just because they're already established doesn't mean you can't have meaningful character development outside of the suits

7. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

8. Davjs

Trusted

Well that's just being blind, the movie has a ton wrong with it. Not saying you can't enjoy it.

The movie got away with not having them in the suits because it was an origin story, doing a sequel and pulling the same thing would be terrible.

IMO one of reasons it bombed was it alienated its audience. My nephew asked to leave the theater an hour in because there were no Power Rangers yet and he was bored. Kids movies always destroy the box office, what a missed opportunity.

Raku likes this.
  9. Whatjuliansaid Jun 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 13, 2017)
    Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

That's how I feel about Wonder Woman while some friends shit on it for not being an all time oscar winner

It's friggin power rangers, it's supposed to be fun and silly

coleslawed likes this.
  10. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Kids movies definitely don't always destroy at the box office. There's oversaturation in that genre, too. Look at the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid sequel, or just about any animated movie that isn't Dreamworks or Pixar. Norm of the North, anyone?

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

Haha that may be good point because my question is "what is Norm of the North".

I still think if this was marketed towards kids instead of not knowing if it wanted to be campy or dark, it would have done better.

Raku likes this.
  12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Had all kinds of fun with this. Really hope we get a sequel.

michael_gatto and ChaseTx like this.
  13. airik625

Now all I wanna do is go back and watch Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie. IVAN OOZE

14. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Ivan is pretty easily the best part lol.

I am the galactically feared, globally reviled, universally despised....they call me Ivan Ooze.

Taking over the world is one thing. Finding good help to run it for you, that's the killer.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

16. airik625

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  17. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Raku likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Raku, carrytheweight and Joe like this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

20. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Starting off with a joke about jerking off a bull probably didn't win some people over.

21. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Well, hey. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has done well with kids and their parents because we all know about the existence and quality of Ego's penis.

This movie was okay. It was pretty much all given away by the previews, which was awful. I would still definitely be down with a sequel, but, like others have said, you're probably looking at a higher budget needed since we're out of their origin.

22. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yo, I just watched the movie earlier today finally, and I love it. Good, modern twist on a classic kids show. Was also very much digging the music throughout. It had its cheesy moments sure, but it was a fun movie. Would probably watch again.

23. brentkid

Regular

I really really enjoyed this despite some of the obvious flaws. I'd totally be in on a sequel.

24. This movie is a weird combination of Chronicle and Transformers. The quality falls somewhere in the middle. Can't say I enjoyed it, which is too bad, cause I loved the Rangers back when I was a kid.

Raku likes this.
  25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if this will still continue now that Hasbro bought the rights from Saban.