Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Power Rangers (Dean Israelite, March 24, 2017) Movie • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Feb 2, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm two episodes into Gokaiger and loving it. The only Sentai I've watched before were a couple episodes each of Hurricaneger and I think Gorenger

If there were a tv series thread I'd discuss this there since is not really movie related at all, haha

2. michael_gatto

Trusted

Gokaiger is amazing. I'm honestly shocked there isn't a Rangers/Sentai thread considering the amount of discussion that's been in this thread about it all.

Raku and ChaseTx like this.
  3. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

I loved this. Agree with all the compliments about well fleshed out characters and diversity/representation. People complaining about this being cheesy don't seem to understand that they're watching a Power Rangers movie. I was surprised by how strong this hit a nostalgic nerve, this movie just nailed its mark.

billyboatman likes this.
  4. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

I'm currently reading the graphic novel sequel, it's a fun read so far! LOVED the movie

RobbieBerns likes this.
  5. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Yo - someone should make a Sentai/Tokusatsu thread. I got pretty into Kamen Rider a few months back and have been trying to see what other people are into (because it's such a dense genre, I'd rather just watch the "best of the best" and make the most of my time). Actual tokusatsu communities online are pretty hard to follow (for the same reasons), but it'd be cool to discuss with folks here.

ChaseTx likes this.
  6. ChaseTx

Someone that knows their stuff should do it. Include PR too.

nomemorial likes this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Saw this Friday, and really enjoyed it. Thought it was actually pretty funny too. Yeah some of the characters were written lazily, but Billy was great.

Also it just kinda ended, and felt rushed. Totally dug the first half more.

billyboatman likes this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Where was this cameo, and who was it? I must've missed it.

9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank were in the crowd watching the Megazord/Goldar battle.

nomemorial and trevorshmevor like this.
  10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

And then awkwardly take photos.

billyboatman and Kuri44 like this.
  11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Finally saw this. A lot of complaints (terrible pacing, the costumes still looked like total trash every time they were on screen), but nonetheless still really enjoyed the movie.

The cast was AWESOME, really. I already want to spend more time with them. Billy was my fav, but I also was so into Trini and Kimberly. If there's a sequel, I hope more of the film consists of everyone hanging out. Trini & Kim fighting over the donut, the campfire scene, and everything with Billy were the highlights. Everything with Krispy Kreme was so funny, and Elizabeth Banks was delightful as Rita. The classic theme coming in was dope.

Ultimately, I can't call the movie "good" per se, but I still loved a lot about it and am all in on a sequel.

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. ChaseTx

This will probably be my favorite superhero movie of the year

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Oooooh... Did the Trini/Kim donut scene happy at Krispy Kreme? I totally spaced on that.

14. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Just started Super Dino Charge randomly. Kinda cool. Very Japanese inspire heavy.

Raku and michael_gatto like this.
  15. michael_gatto

Trusted

Dino Charge and Super Dino Charge are great, just be prepared because the finale gets a little strange.

billyboatman and Raku like this.
  16. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I feel like I should watch dunk charge first?

It's super weird that there's 8 Power Rangers to me.

17. michael_gatto

Trusted

I mean it isn't necessary to watch DC first, but it's a good season. and yeah it ends up being a 10 Ranger team, which is ridiculous but awesome.

Raku likes this.
  18. drewinseries

Drew

I lost my shit when the song came on.

My theater was split between mid-20 year olds and their girlfriends like myself, and little kids.

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

michael_gatto likes this.
  20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That really sucks. I was extremely excited for more from this cast.

21. ChaseTx

Urg doesn't sound good

22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

No I need to see more with this cast

ChaseTx likes this.
  23. I really had a blast watching this and I don't even care. Hahah. It was fun.

24. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Dude right? I just watched it for the third time and the scene with the zords and the OG themesong still gives me instant-euphoria. I was a huge fanboy back when i was young and this movie got it all right.

Jason Tate and michael_gatto like this.
  25. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Felt the same way too. Any criticisms I read felt over-analytical of a classic kids show turned Hollywood. I hope the studio looks at it as growing pains and tries again at least once more.

Jason Tate and Erwin89 like this.