Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Power Rangers (Dean Israelite, March 24, 2017) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Feb 2, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I like it. Suitably retro.

Raku likes this.
  2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Digging the new logo.

Raku likes this.
  3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I'm all about this movie. All the casting decisions, the logo. Can't wait until we get to see the suits. God I'm excited about this

Raku, ChaseTx and Eric Wilson like this.
  4. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I loved power rangers for some time, but never watched dbz. I have too much anime to catch up on but it always seemed interesting

5. Raku

Regular

I am super hyped for this film. I loved the first film, and been a huge fan of the series (even with the ups, downs, and terrible seasons/decisions).

I can't wait to see this movie in theatres =D

(Offtopic/partially ontopic) For the DBZ talk I'm also a huge fan of that series. I will admit though from a storytelling aspect, and overall enjoyment I prefer DB over DBZ because of how it wasn't just about being stronger than your opponent, it was about skill.

Thankfully it seems (and I don't want to spoil anything), but it seems like Super brings some of that back (can't wait for Funimation to dub it).

ChaseTx likes this.
  6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

[​IMG]

7. ChaseTx

Is that Elizabeth Banks? I thought she was Rita

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this just yet. Haha don't know what's up with all the green.

9. ChaseTx

Ok, it's a new look Rita. I don't hate it, but obviously I'm partial to the original sorceress look

This makes me think of Scorpina

[​IMG]

Meerkat and Tim like this.
  10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

It's a very weird, Hollywood type of change, lol. Obviously she couldn't look the same, but some kind of robe would be cool. I don't hate this, though.

Perhaps the reasoning is, if the sequel introduces a Green Ranger, her outfit can be an in-universe influence on that?

11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I don't mind it.

12. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

:sly:

13. Meerkat

I don't totally hate it. I wish it looked a little bit more relative to the original Rita, even just in terms of color scheme. But it's not as off putting to me as, for the sake of relevance, Apocolypse's look for X-Men

Tim likes this.
  14. Raku

Regular

Her look reminds me of Divatox (Sp?) from the Turbo series.

Not really a fan, but I'll still give the movie a chance.

15. So this is going to be like, a real movie? Big budget? Interesting.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

yup $120 million budget

17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Can't wait.

18. Meerkat

I wonder what the tone of this is going to be. It obviously won't be something as dark as that short that James Van Der Beek and Katie Sackhoff did, but I'm curious if this is going to be as light as the TV series or get a little more "mature"

19. ChaseTx

Hoping it's super campy

20. Meerkat

For the record, this is the short from last year I was talking about

21. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

Thought this was pretty badass for PR

22. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

The recently started comic series is mostly about the Green Ranger right? Theres no way he isn't in this in some way.

23. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

It would be kind of neat if they used this film to establish the original team and then ended it with a sequel tease of Rita revealing another power coin, and we'd all know what that means. The sequel could literally be a big budget adaptation of the five part "Green With Evil" story and I'd be thrilled. I remember how excited I was by that as a kid, haha.

ChaseTx likes this.
  24. ChaseTx

There are only two issues so far and I haven't read the second yet, but it's not about any one ranger I think. Plus that's very much based on the series, whereas this is a full reboot

I think the Green Ranger will factor in a small way, most likely being teased for a sequel. If they try to squeeze him in with other enemies it might be too crowded

25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I had never seen this before, but I really enjoyed that. The Power Rangers look great.

I would love to see a full length made like this. The graphic nature was a nice change-up too.