Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Power Rangers (Dean Israelite, March 24, 2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

A group of high-school kids, who are infused with unique superpowers, harness their abilities in order to save the world.

Raku likes this.
  2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Elizabeth Banks has been cast as Rita Repulsa. Pretty excited about this. Grew up watching the original Power Rangers, and Elizabeth Banks seems perfect for that role.

Raku likes this.
  3. Interesting.

Raku likes this.
  4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I'm curious how this is going to go. Looks like they casted relatively unknown actors for the Power Rangers, and then go with someone bigger for the villain. Haha I'm just wondering if we're going to see some Transformers style of effects for the Zords.

5. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I'm all about it. Love seeing a diverse cast. Love seeing a mostly unknown cast. Love Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa.

Raku likes this.
  6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Visually I'm definitely excited to see how it turns out. Curious if they're going to go all out with the effects, or try and keep some of the cheesiness from the originals (even though I imagine that was a limitation they had at the time). If this is successful, I bet they'll bring Lord Zedd back at some point.

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Raku likes this.
  8. Meerkat

I am so pumped for this

Raku likes this.
  9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Likewise. Loved the original Power Rangers back in the day.

Raku likes this.
  10. Have you guys kept up with all the series over the years?

This and Dragonball Z I always liked but there was just ***so*** much to follow or catch up on.

Raku and Eric Wilson like this.
  11. Meerkat

Kind of? I've followed loosely. I have mutual friends with the blue ranger (and his wife) from Mega Force. I was also really, really disappointed in the Legends War, but that's more Saban's fault than it is the actual episode's. I'm gonna try and binge Dino Charge once it hits Netflix. I think David Yost said it best when he said Power Rangers has become (and for the most part always was, but especially now) a 30 minute toy commercial

12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I think I stopped after the Turbo Ranger series in regards to Power Rangers. Haha I really liked that Ivan Ooze movie for some reason, although I think that was before Turbo?

Nice, didn't realize you were a DBZ fan. I have kept up with pretty much everything DBZ related, from the original Dragon Ball series, through all of Z and GT. Have you seen the most recent couple of movies that they released in theater? I will say, it was cool seeing Dragon Ball Z on the big screen. I'm definitely waiting for them to release Dragon Ball Super over here.

Raku likes this.
  13. Meerkat

I may or may not have made it all the way to Dino Thunder. Zeo is probably my favorite though for the most part.

Raku likes this.
  14. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

A few years back I watched every episode up until their RPM series on YouTube. This was right before it was purchased back by Saban to revive on Nickelodeon. Some of the early stuff is barely watchable only because of nostalgia alone. Some really great seasons, some really awful seasons. It helps that the seasons got shorter as time went on.

I watched the first 4 seasons of the new Saban stuff and it was pretty underwhelming minus a few parts. The latest season seemed solid, but I got distracted by other things. I'll probably watch it when it hits Netflix.

Raku likes this.
  15. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Does it count if I've seen the movie (MMPR) like 15-20 times in my adulthood?

coleslawed and Raku like this.
  16. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I mean, in terms of keeping up with the show? I would say no.

17. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Hyped for this.

Raku likes this.
  18. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Power Rangers and DBZ are both things that I kinda dropped along the way and am getting back into as an adult. Love both of them.

19. Tim

Haven't watched DBZ since I was a teenager and don't think I could tbh. If I wanted to revisit the world, I'd probably just finally watch Dragon Ball start to finish.

20. ChaseTx

It holds up pretty well for me, lower quality animation than I remembered but Kai is superior.

Raku likes this.
  21. Tim

I guess the Saiyan arms race and slow pace wear me out. Is Kai the trimmed version? Does it flow decently enough? Maybe I'll look into the Kai Android/Cell Saga(s) sometime.

22. ChaseTx

Yeah Kai cuts the majority of the filler, the translation is better and more accurate, the dub is redone in both languages by mostly the same cast, and the animation looks much better

Raku likes this.
  23. ChaseTx

Just wanted to share this because it is delightful

Also this comic is pretty good so far

[​IMG]

Raku and Meerkat like this.
  24. Meerkat

I've heard good things about the comic series

25. Tim