Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Post Your Picture Thread • Page 225

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Ben, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Kiana Feb 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 28, 2019)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've joined the ranks. Except I made it go the wrong direction because when it was facing towards me I felt like I was being attacked by birds and we all know I have an irrational fear of being attacked/eaten by animals. Gotta stay on brand.

2. Dog with a Blog

Looks dope

Kiana likes this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Impressive

Kiana likes this.
  4. Kiana

The best part of the whole experience was that the artist is from Korea and English is like his fourth language or something, and he said the first time someone requested a tattoo of a dove, he didn't know what a dove was. So he googled and the soap came up so he's like "I mean who am I to question?" And the person comes in for their tattoo and he shows them the sketch of a bar of dove soap he drew up for them and they were like :chin: and I died.

The only part that rly hurt was the purple part. But even that wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

Kingjohn_654, jkauf, LWS and 8 others like this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

That's awesome!

Kiana likes this.
  6. Kiana

Update: almost passed out when I cleaned it lol. Got light headed and nauseous and my ears got all plugged like sounds were far away and I had to sit down. Lmao leave it to me to be all tough during the actual process and then nearly pass out patting some soap and water on it. Its like the rawness of the wound awakened some primitive past life disturbing feeling idek?? I'm a mess.

Garrett L. and ChaseTx like this.
  7. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Edgar and I watching baseball

Attached Files:

8. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I haaaaaate cleaning new tattoos. For me I think it’s the feeling of the raised skin that weirds me out. Actually, just thinking about it makes me cringe a bit. And for me that feeling never went away with any of my tattoos and overcoming it got worse with each one lol

There have been times i was down on my knees with my head against the cupboard or walk while I cleaned it because it was so bad lol

9. Kiana

This does not inspire confidence in me! He said to leave the bandage on for five days and I'm already dreading peeling it off next. like it was worse than getting the tattoo

10. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I've never heard of leaving a bandage on a tattoo for that long. I've always been told to take it off after a few hours, and the care after that is to wash with neutral soap and warm water and to moisturize.

11. ChaseTx

Yeah I was told to clean mine three times a day

K0ta likes this.
  12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

yeah, i only have the bandage on for like the first two hours or so after getting it finished and then it's just cleaning it a few times a day and adding lotion here or there

supernovagirl likes this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

I always use tegaderm. My artist puts it on and has me leave it for about two days. Heals like magic.

supernovagirl likes this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Damn this is so sick

Kiana likes this.
  15. Kiana

It's like some breathable bandage thing? It's like clear and looks like my skin. The first day he told me to take off the bandage after a few hours and clean it and put another on, leave it on for five days, take it off and clean it, and then put another on for like five days for ten days total with bandage. He said it keeps it moisturized but minimizes scratching and scabing? Idk. Like I am supposed to use it instead of the soap and lotion 3x a day or whatever. Idk lol

16. Dog with a Blog

I use that too. It’s honestly the best and expedites the healing process so much.

17. ChaseTx

Oh I used Aquaphor and wrapped mine in Saran wrap taped over the tattoo

18. Dog with a Blog

Did @dadmerica come up with this?

19. ChaseTx

This is what the after care sheet they gave me said to do

At first I used painters tape which really hurts to remove. Then I bought bandaging tape

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  20. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yeah I’ve very rarely had mine covered but every artist is different and has their own suggestions. I have used some kind of wrap for my finger that stayed on for a couple days so I know they are legit too but I don’t think they’re necessary

21. ChaseTx

One fun thing about healing is when you clean it and see all the ink coming off and you panic thinking you're rubbing the tattoo off

sean_rugy, coleslawed, K0ta and 2 others like this.
  22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely me.

ChaseTx likes this.
  23. Y’all are giving me the itch. I need to get another tattoo soon

24. Dog with a Blog

God, if I was rich I would be covered. Speaking of rich people, why do celebrities always have the most garbage tattoos?

25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I want to get a tattoo. Probably something music based but my girlfriend got a Brand New tattoo and a week later the Jesse shit came out so I’m kinda scared to get one

Mary V likes this.