Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Post Rock Thread Genre • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GreatBeardRecs, Apr 1, 2016.

1. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Posted about these guys before, can't be bothered to blurb again. Just click it and shut your mouth.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  2. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Pretty sweet song. I will definitely be checking out the album when it comes out.

3. White

RIYL: Yndi Halda with normal length songs.

Gooddayz, coleslawed and OotyPa like this.
  4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

need to check that one out, really loved Saudade.

5. Deathco_019

Drummer

Anybody have any thoughts on God Is An Astronaut? I tried getting into them about five or six years ago by listening to The End Of The Beginning and All Is Violent, All Is Bright, but I haven't listened to them since, like, 2012 so I guess they never left much of an impression on me. But it's been a long time, so I'm wondering if anyone thinks they're definitely worth digging into?

6. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

They are one of those bands that is incredibly prolific and will always put out good music, but I would say that the only album that comes close to touching All Is Violent, All Is Bright is their most recent album Helios / Erebus. That album is packed with career highlights. I would recommend individual tracks, but the album should be listened to as a whole.

They are also superb live, so you should definitely catch them if they tour near you.

7. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I've put off diving into GIAA for the same reasons, but their recent Premier Guitar rig rundown video is all that I needed for motivation

8. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Just got into these guys after autoplay on YouTube played this song.

9. johnnyferris

Wander is great. Saw them open for Trade Wind not knowing they were a post rock band and walked away a fan

10. flask

Trusted Supporter

Anyone seeing Explosions in the Sky on their current tour? Apparently its selling pretty low. They just cancelled their date in Santa Barbara. I bought tickets for the LA date months ago since it sold out super quick last year. I just checked Ticketmaster and the venue looks half full at best. Kind of a shame since their one of the best bands to experience live imo.

11. johnnyferris

That really sucks. I saw them play on the first European tour for the Wilderness when I was in Germany last summer and I was blown away by the production they had on that show. I got tickets for LA back in May so the fact that it's half sold is a bummer.

12. johnnyferris

Glass, by Wander New release from Bay Area band Wander

Balmorhea has a new LP out today

Godspeed has a new LP out today

Kellan, Toner and coleslawed like this.
  13. White

Ranges has a new album out today as well: The Ascensionist, by Ranges They've got a decent sized discography as well and it's all free

RIYL Tides of Man's Young and Courageous

Toner likes this.
  14. White

This is absolutely amazing. Massive, beautiful, melodic walls of sound; very prominent strings; fairly up-tempo as well (even though the 2nd track has an 8 minute ambient-style fade-in). And of course they're from Japan because Japan just owns this entire genre.

15. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

This is excellent. Good rec.

16. notiesnoroots

Ambient Rock/Post Rock w/ vocals

17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure if this is common knowledge but I saw This Will Destroy You tonight and they confirmed a new album for next year.

OotyPa, Haruni and Your Milkshake like this.
  18. cherrywaves

Trusted

Where was this? Saw them earlier this year and idk if it was just Paradise sound, but they might have been the best sounding live band I’ve ever seen

19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

3S Artspace in Portsmouth, NH. This was my first time seeing them and they sounded absolutely incredible. I don’t know how everything sounded so clear yet heavy at the same time. Sannhet opened and they were excellent as well.

Love the avatar haha.

cherrywaves likes this.
  20. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah my thoughts exactly. They sound like they should be playing Madison Square Garden

And thanks man hah

Ryan Garner likes this.
  21. Deathco_019

Drummer

Very excited for a new TWDY album. Another Language is one of my all-time favorites

Ryan Garner likes this.
  22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

23. duffe

I Want To Be There

this is very good

Bartek T. likes this.
  24. HOLY MOLY THESE GUYS ARE GOOD

Gooddayz likes this.
  25. White

There's no post-metal thread so this is going here:

Enormous, crushing, relentless, atmospheric, Russian.

Zac Djamoos and waking season like this.