Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Post Rock Thread Genre • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GreatBeardRecs, Apr 1, 2016.

1. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Brand new single from Majora:

Overall they're quite heavy atmospherically, somewhat post-metally. Basically, they're If These Tress Could Talk meets God Is an Astronaut, though this new song is much more traditional post-rock than anything resembling post-metal.

2. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

self-titled track from the upcoming TMP EP

mmmmmm

3. White

4. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

The Six Parts Seven is hands down the best there is. Very peaceful and calming.

Also, Hammock slays.

Ryan Garner likes this.
  5. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

really did not like the new ITTCT track

6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I'm trying to download this Athletics album, but bandcamp (redirects to label's page) is being very unresponsive. Can someone be kind enough to check this link to make sure I'm not going crazy here.

7. PhillipD

Pg.lost is dropping a new album this year. :-)

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

works for me

9. johnnyferris

Thanks, might just download it off one of the computers at my university.

10. White

Barricades, by Wess Meets West

Post-rock with vocals. I personally couldn't give a shit, but for that one dude who wanted stuff that sounded like Gates, this is for you.

11. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

One of my favorite albums ever. Enjoy if you ever get it to work

12. johnnyferris

I got it awhile back. It's definitely been an album I've revisited over the last week.

13. White

Their debut album just dropped yesterday and I'm just fucking flabbergasted by it. Just gave it its inaugural listen and it's already a top-3 album of all time for me.

RIYL: Tides of Man's Young and Courageous; Maybeshewill's Fair Youth with longer songs, fuller instrumentation and better melodies; sleepmakeswaves (for anyone who knows who they are).

Toner likes this.
  14. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

Sounds awesome. I liked the song you recommended a while back so will definitely be checking this out.

Love the RIYL too. Love of Cartography by sleepmakeswaves is one of my recent favourites from the genre.

15. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I went to dunk!festival in Belgium last week and discovered a tonne of new bands. I put together a playlist of the best songs performed by the bands I checked out, so this could should serve as a good introduction to any of the lesser known bands!

My favourite performances of the festival though have to go to Russian Circles, yndi halda and Nordic Giants. Incredible performances and all on the final day!

16. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Got the LE White Vinyl of 'New Myths' in the mail today

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

17. Jake Z

Regular

Thanks! Do you not give a shit about post rock with vocals or just this band? Lol.

18. White

lol not specific to this band. There are definitely exceptions (Gates being one of them ftr), but by and large it always ruins it for me. Too inarticulate to properly explain why, I just always find it poorly executed.

19. Jake Z

Regular

I get that, I was just curious. Thanks for the rec gonna check them out.

20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Seriously, two days from a new Mercury Program album. Omg.

21. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

It's delicious. B-)

Chris Yates likes this.
  22. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

With their current pace we will see the next one in 2023.

GreatBeardRecs likes this.
  23. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

"too soon"

24. cryates May 18, 2016
    (Last edited: May 18, 2016)
    cryates

Trusted Prestigious

'New Myths' is a jam so I hope the rest of the album is similar. I don't really want a Chez Viking pt 2. Not after a seven year wait.

Even though that's up there as one of my favorite albums ever.

25. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

It is

'Sun Blizzard' will slay you man, the build up may only be second to 'Marianas' in their discography