Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Post Rock Thread Genre • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GreatBeardRecs, Apr 1, 2016.

1. smoledman

Interpol has a new EP - A Fine Mess, coming May 17th.

2. InExile

Regular

New Her Name Name is Calla album (their final album as a band) streaming here:

Toner and coleslawed like this.
  3. InExile

Regular

The Quiet Lamb by them remains my favorite post rock album of all time...this song is so good:

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I ordered this too!

Absolutely wonderful album. I am honestly struggling to find the words that are elegant enough to describe how excellent this album is. It is an absolute headfuck.

I said it on Reddit and I'm standing by it, but this feels very "The Shape of Post-Rock To Come". Dropping an absolute gamechanger of an album and then throwing the towel without so much as an interview to promote what is one of the best the genre has produced in years.

KidLightning likes this.
  7. Toner

I can't wait to see this played in full on Sunday at Portals Festival :heart:

Carrow likes this.
  8. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Had to listen to this again today. "forsaken" is such a massive song.

johnnyferris likes this.
  9. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I like the moments where the band sticks to straight up post rock like A Moment of Clarity but overall it’s a very good album.

10. Toner

A Moment of Clarity is probably my favourite on the record at the moment. I love how they took such an old song that was already mindblowingly good and somehow made it even better.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  11. InExile

Regular

Good to see fans of the band here. I didn’t get the vinyl but I opted for the CD and tin. I have The Quiet Lamb on CD with a custom made box that I love.

That vinyl is so pretty tho.

Carrow likes this.
  12. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

13. JM95

Trusted

This record is just crazy. Amazing.

Carrow likes this.
  14. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Tides From Nebula’s new album comes out Sept. 20th.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Listening to Maybeshewill’s Fair Youth for the first time. Excellent stuff, love the touch of piano in the first few songs. I loved this band back when I listened to this genre often in high school. Having a post-rocky day tho and this is hitting the spot.

Toner, Leftandleaving and Carrow like this.
  16. Toner

That album has aged wonderfully. I wasn't huge on it when it was first released, but going back to it now it is very bittersweet, especially as it was their parting album.

17. Toner

Also, I can't believe how besotted I still am with that Her Name is Calla album after 3 weeks. It is one of the best albums I have heard in years. It is honestly up there in the canon of The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me and Talk Talk's Spirit of Eden as those once in a generation perfect albums.

The press is slowly starting to catch up with how amazing it is and I'm seeing some 5 star reviews pop up. What I've enjoyed the most though is the Riot Act podcast review (44 - #5iveForSlamDunk2020). It says so many of the things I struggle to put in verbatim about how I feel about the album. Think it's a little after the 20 minute they start talking about it if anyone else is keen to listen to it.

Their AMA yesterday was also great fun if anyone wants to find out a bit more about the record seeing as there are no interviews or other press regarding Animal Choir

JM95 and KidLightning like this.
  18. nko

19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

20. Toner

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

It’s nice because I’m going to see Holy Fawn twice in a year. Very excited.

22. Toner likes this.
  23. duffe

I Want To Be There

Toner and Carrow like this.
  24. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t know why it’s taken me so long but I finally listened to Let Yourself Be Huge by Cloudkicker in full for the first time and wow. Does he have more stuff in this vein or is it mostly metal?

coleslawed likes this.
  25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

all of his stuff post-...huge is pretty similar in vibe. Little Histories is probably my favorite.
    the metallic-leaning stuff was mostly his earlier albums, but there’s still some influences in there.

waking season likes this.