Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Post-Hardcore/Metalcore Thread Genre • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by poppunkpotato, May 17, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

jesus christ Birds in Row

coleslawed likes this.
  2. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Couldn't find a band thread in here for them, so it's going here. Enter Shikari is up to something. Wiped their instagram and have two posts that just say "I am awaiting communication" and "I am under construction". Assuming album announcement soon

cubsml34 likes this.
  3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

mattav152 likes this.
  4. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Featuring Mark from At the Skylines screaming, Zack from Oh Sleeper on drums, Jeff from Confide on bass?, Sean from In Fear and Faith on guitar, and Scott from In Fear and Faith on clean vocals and guitar.

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

for those interested, we'll be doing an album bracket for silverstein soon in the band's thread (and are currently talking albums) once the linkin park one is done. for those uninitiated, it's basically matching up the songs from each album bracket-style and voting on the favorites.

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

GettingSodas, js977 and Jake W like this.
  8. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

just saw that august burns red is #19 on the billboard top 20 this week. didnt know they were that big.

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

A band from my area just dropped their first album. RIYL Brand New, Felix Culpa, Envy.

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Anyone been listening to Thousand Below? Really solid album, lots of great hooks.

11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

js977 likes this.
  12. indecipherable

This album sounds like self-titled era Saosin

js977 likes this.
  13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’ve listened to that album a few times. Cry Wolf is far and away the best song on it but it’s a fun listen. Saosin vibes are uncanny.

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

The production isn't the greatest, but for an album he did himself(mostly) it's pretty legit. Yeah Cry Wolf is for sure the best song on it

15. Kellan

Enjoying these guys lately

disambigujason likes this.
  16. indecipherable

this song "rips" as the kids say

17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

new Silent Planet incoming

GettingSodas and mattav152 like this.
  18. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

forgot how much I love reading along with the annotations to Garrett’s lyrics.

19. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

There isn’t really a thread for the band yet and I wasn’t sure where to post it, but Kyle Pavone from We Came As Romans died. They posted about it on Twitter.

20. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I grew up listening to this band, really sad news. 28 is way too young to go.

21. Kellan

They just out a new album and were about to go out with Bullet for My Valentine. I literally just bought a ticket to their headlining show in Chicago in two weeks.

I don’t want to dive into speculation but there’s been talk for years about his struggles with addiction

22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah, he nearly overdosed last November I believe and made a long post about it.

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

28 is tragic. RIP
    Prayers for his band mates.

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Wow, pretty shocked about that. WCAR was one of those bands I found on MySpace just from scrolling through the unsigned charts when the Dreams EP was first released. I met Kyle and Dave after their set at the Scream It Like You Mean It 2010 and they were incredibly nice to me.

RIP

beachdude42 likes this.
  25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Time to pop in To Plant a Seed.

beachdude42 likes this.