Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Post-Hardcore/Metalcore Thread Genre • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by poppunkpotato, May 17, 2016.

1. Favorite post-hardcore and metalcore bands :

- Thursday
    - Glassjaw
    - At The Drive-In
    - Hopesfall
    - Converge
    - Enter Shikari
    - Destroy The Runner
    - Poison The Well
    - Alexisonfire
    - Kaddisfly
    - Letlive.
    - Touché Amoré
    - United Nations
    - Vukovi
    - Young Guns
    - Silverstein
    - Story Of The Year
    - The Blackout
    - The Chariot
    - The Color Morale
    - The Devil Wears Prada
    - The Sleeping
    - Beloved
    - Misery Signals
    - Mutiny On The Bounty
    - Every Time I Die
    - Evergreen Terrace
    - In Flames
    - Oh, Sleeper
    - Senses Fail
    - Silent Planet
    - Silver Snakes
    - Phoenix Mourning
    - Underoath
    - Kidcrash
    - Mongol Horde
    - Refused
    - Night Verses
    - Northlane
    - Life On Repeat
    - Memphis May Fire
    - Capsule
    - Arcane Roots
    - Exotic Animal Petting Zoo
    - Funeral For A Friend
    - Eternal Tango
    - Finch
    - The Tidal Sleep
    - Emery
    - Architects
    - Black Map
    - Botch
    - Norma Jean
    - Bring Me The Horizon
    - City Of Ships
    - Saosin
    - Poison The Well
    - Unearth
    - Dance Gavin Dance

Some may or may not have changed their sound afterwards, and I don't like everything they released.

coleslawed and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  2. Yup and Crawl Through Knives.

3. RonandTammy

Regular

Meh, they haven't been good since like 2002.

4. WTF they only got better as time went on lol

5. RonandTammy

Regular

No way in hell is that true. I listened to their first 2 albums as they came out, nothing lived up to those over the years. The Head Automatica bullshit didn't help Daryl either.

6. idk Coloring Book is like their most creative release and is way above anything they will ever release to me

7. and their first album aged very badly. Worhip & Tribute is a post hardcore classic tho

8. RonandTammy

Regular

Ok, how have I never heard of Volumes? Then after looking, I realized that Myke Terry has joined the band and is doing clean vocals. Then on top of all that, Michael Barr, the ex-singer, has a badass solo project in the same vein as Tyler Carter or Blackbear.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Ryan Zimmerman from Greeley Estates confirmed the new GE album is finished and should be out by the end of the summer.

js977 likes this.
  10. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Make Them Suffer needs some love here

redwing91007 likes this.
  11. Is this new Eighteen Visions album going to be any good? From what I remember their last album or two were garbage.

12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

New Eighteen Visions songs are great

Jake Z likes this.
  13. DesolateEarth

Birb

Anyone remember Four Letter Lie? I'll still defend What a Terrible Thing to Say as a good album to this day.

14. I remember them. A New Day (I think that's the right name) was so good, tho unusual because it featured screams which is weird for an aggressive pop rock release. Their first two albums were pretty much third rate Underoath / A Static Lullaby lol. Don't remember anything off the last EP, it came out few years ago right ?

15. DesolateEarth

Birb

I never checked out the last EP. I should though, I've heard good things. A New Day was ok, I actually am not a huge fan of them with just screams. I always thought that they could pull off a balance of screaming and cleans pretty well. I disagree about them being a third rate Underoath though. They were certainly influenced by them, but they managed to put their own spin on the sound and WATTTS was a solid, fun post-hardcore release. I will admit it had its flaws (the album art and lyrics were definitely not great) but musically and vocally that album was enjoyable in my opinion.

16. Jake Z

Regular

Skramz is awesome, and there are tons of great bands playing that style of City of Catepillar, pg. 99, Orchid, etc. it really is a different scene from post hardcore or metal core. All have great bands though.

17. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck Kevin Skaff

18. oh shiiiiiiiit he was the clean singer lol totally forgot about that since he joined ADTR. what happened that makes you say that ?

19. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Heck yeah! Really beautiful music. IDK if Isis fits skramz but listening to Oceanic now, similar elements I think.

Jake Z likes this.
  20. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I only half mean it.

There was never any actual bad blood publicly from Brian (the screamz) and the rest of the band but I think it was a bitter breakup.

Kevin essentially just did a tour playing guitar for ADTR and came back and was like "uh I got an offer to leave and join them so bye" out of nowhere. I feel like they could have made another great album as Kevin was such a good songwriter and singer.

I know everyone has the choice to do what they want but it essentially killed 4LL and they never recovered. They are still buddies with Derek/ModSun and I think he left on actual good terms.

And Kevin looked like a moron on Total Divas. jk.

21. oh I get it now. i'm still sad about 4LL never making another album. they missed their chance of getting bigger due to him leaving, which I get because of course it was a one in a lifetime opportunity for him. but it says a lot about him that they still haven't mentioned something of a 10 year anniversary tour for their first two albums. it shows that it wasn't an amicable breakup between him and the rest of the band... or at least between him and the singer + the guitarist. idk who was still there at the end.

22. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Looks like Jarrod Alonge has started a serious band. Its with Lauren Babic on vocals. Not half bad.

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Wow. Her voice is incredible.

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

record out next week, RIYL touche/early pianos

25. Jake Z

Regular

Based on those recs, checking this for sure!