Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Post-Hardcore/Metalcore Thread Genre • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by poppunkpotato, May 17, 2016.

1. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Mattie Mullins, Mattie Montgomery... What is up with the name "Mattie"? Is it cursed in this scene or something?

Jake W likes this.
  2. Horrorca

Trusted

listened to Converge's last one today - generally not into incorporating r&r into metal/etc but they made it work (as always)

3. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

Speaking of Hundredth I'm seeing them on September 23. At this rate I might just go to the For Today show for Wage War, whether I should support For Today or not I'm not passing up the opportunity to see Wage War.

4. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

5. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Just saw this, absolutely tragic. Glad I got to see him play at the Ghost Inside/ETID headliner in 2014. Between TGI's crash, this, and Keith Buckley's wife and child's near death, a lot of sadness has followed that tour.

6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I can't stop listening to this at the moment. The best metalcore album that I've heard in a long time.

FFO: Poison The Well, 7 Angels 7 Plagues

7. himynameisdakota

Regular

Renounced is so sick. I saw them in January at FYA fest in Tampa. I hope they do another US tour eventually.

Jake W likes this.
  8. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

Only managed to make it halfway through the new Memphis May Fire song. I swear those are rehashed lyrics from one of their songs.

9. Horrorca

Trusted

spinning this rn due to the PtW comparison

Jake W likes this.
  10. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

The lack of Silent Planet love is crazy. People need to jump on their band wagon. Everything Was Sound would be my AOTY so far. It's just so lyrically deep and the guest vocals by Corey and Spencer are fantastic. The Night God Slept is also a fantastic record as well. Highly recommend them to everyone on here.

I personally think Outcasts is their best work. I also enjoy a good amount of Mind Games over their first EP as well. Interested to see their new work without Earl and Brandon.

11. Horrorca

Trusted

I'm on a big hxc mood lately, let me jump on this Silent Planet shit rn

poppunkpotato likes this.
  12. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Do not like Silent Planet

13. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

I'll check them out

14. DoseofTerror

Regular

Recently found Jamie's Elsewhere and had no idea the lead singer is now associated with Of Mice and Men.

15. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

They had a great album with him. The acoustic songs with him are pretty great too.

16. DoseofTerror

Regular

Yea, he basically can do both Austin's and Shayley's(sp?) parts with no issue.

On that note, I've been going back and listening to Secret and Whisper's first album, and comparing it to Shreddy Krueger's first and man, they're similar with the exception of the screams. Yes, I know they were once the same band.

17. johnnyferris

I've never actually heard his Of Mice & Men stuff. I only know his JE work haha

18. DoseofTerror

Regular

There is a certain stigma that follows Of Mice and Men's frontman Austin Charlie. It can best be equated to how a lot of people feel about Chiodos' Craig Owens.

They look similar, act similar and are both widely considered shitty dudes in general.

Google both of their names and look at images, the resemblance is striking. Actually, throw in Mitch Lucker (RIP) from the death metal band Suicide Silence.

With that, you have the perfect trifecta of douchebaggery.

Schooner likes this.
  19. johnnyferris

Haha I'm well versed with AC. I was just saying that I had yet to hear any of their music with the guy from Jamie's Elsewhere.

How could I forget this?

[​IMG]

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Will probably be my favorite release of the year

21. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Damn thats pretty good actually. Thanks for sharing.

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

For me, it's the perfect blend of screams, cleans, and pretty technical/clear riffing. I saw ERRA earlier this summer and they absolutely killed it. They're going on tour with August Burns Red this fall

23. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

that reminds me of Matriarch by Veil of Maya a ton. And thats a GREAT thing.

24. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I've never been able to get into Erra. I can't stand those clean vocals.

25. johnnyferris Sep 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2016)
    johnnyferris

One of the new Hundredth songs is pretty different for them.

Edit: didn't realize the guitarist who did the singing on WWWS and Let Go is back in the band.

poppunkpotato likes this.