Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Post-Hardcore/Metalcore Thread Genre • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by poppunkpotato, May 17, 2016.

1. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

New Dream State is very good

disambigujason likes this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

New Gideon anyone?

3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I need to give it another spin but it was ok on first listen. Calloused is definitely a hard one to beat.

riotspray likes this.
  4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I felt the same way. I never really got into them anyway, but I know people used to talk about them all the time. And I'll be seeing them next week with Norma Jean and TDWP

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. drummerAVA

Trusted

Valhalla was a clear stand-out for me... Jesse's melodic sections were super rad, and structurally the song is a monster. Hyperreality and Ghost of Nothing were great... Also the final 3 tracks Expiate, Unify, and Ultimata... :ok:The final minute of Unify is one of my favorite moments in their discography. But I didn't dislike anything on the album, it's all pretty strong. Album caught a lot of flak for its production though unfortunately...

More recently, I'm still at a loss as to how good Northlane's new record was... Jinn is like one of the hardest and yet, most glorious sounding songs I've ever heard lol.

Just unreal... and then into Eclipse which is freaking banger. Sonically, they tapped into some kind of perfection for me.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Was just gonna say, I went to that TDWP/Norma Jean/Gideon show last night and decided to give the new Gideon another spin on the way down there. I don't know what I heard the first time, but it's basically a rap metal record. So much numetal influence. It's not great. The live show was okay, but they only played a couple of older tracks, mostly new stuff. The interlude sounds A LOT like Limp Bizkit.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

10. Ditto

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

This album is fantastic!

disambigujason and drummerAVA like this.
  12. drummerAVA

Trusted

Where We Go When We Die is incredible... I got a random YouTube recommendation the day they dropped the video. Never had heard of these guys beforehand...

I’m slowly getting around to the rest of the album. I’m about to add it to my library and just get it over with lol.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

RIYL: Planes Mistaken For Stars, Hum, Hot Water Music, Helmet

14. drummerAVA

Trusted

@Nate_Johnson Really like this Thornhill album mannn!! Almost feels like Circa Survive meets Northlane...

disambigujason and Nate_Johnson like this.

15. Hadn't watched it in years and this still scares me so bad as it did back then. I'm still not sure how I feel about the rest of their discography, but this song hits all of the spots. Really unique for the genre.

johnnyferris likes this.
  16. drummerAVA

Trusted

This is the one... the breakdown right around the 2:00 mark... I got the chills so bad lol.

Nate_Johnson likes this.

17. Might be a stretch to call them post-hardcore but this album was close to it. It turned out be influential to me and I'd do anything to witness it live. Glad to hear they're back, their long radio silence was freaking me out.

This still feels like it came out yesterday...

18. This still rips all these years later

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

That would immediately become one of my most anticipated

21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

disambigujason likes this.
  22. atlas

Trusted

This fucking rocks. FFO Hail the Sun + Emery

23. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

This is a slow burn but very good.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  24. Been loving this record today. Early 00’s post hardcore/screamo energy with a Pianos/La Dispute edge.

»«, by TWINS