Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Post-Hardcore/Metalcore Thread Genre • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by poppunkpotato, May 17, 2016.

1. I'm devastated. They just put out their best album and were having a resurgence. I hope his family and his bandmates are doing okay, and I'll keep them in my thoughts.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  2. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

They shot the video for Hope in my hometown. Remember wanting to be an extra in it, but couldn't get a ride.

RIP. Going to jam TPAS later today.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  3. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

:l rest well.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  4. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

RIP Kyle

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

This is my deepest dream
    This is how I show you my love (My love, my love)
    This is Him speaking through me
    This is me speaking to you (My love, my love)
    This is Him speaking through me to you
    This is Him speaking through me to you

Here struggling with my brothers
    Here struggling with my brothers
    This is the most passion you will ever see
    My heart is breaking for you, with you
    Oh!

But after all of what's between
    You still choose yourself over me
    But after all of what's between
    You still choose yourself over me

My heart hurts and my heart breaks
    No one belongs here
    Not here, where we leave our hearts
    The illusion for your weakened love

This is not what we were made for
    Far from the compassion we have known
    Far from the love that we have shown
    He tells me that love will endure all things
    He tells me that love will endure all things

I know that you are forever my brother, my brother (My brother)
    Here I struggle with you my brother, my brother

He tells me (He tells me)
    That love endures all things (Love endures everything)
    I'll have you know
    I'll have you know

This is my
    This is my deepest dream
    This is how I show you my love (Love)

Beloved, let us love one another (Beloved, let us love one another)
    This is my deepest dream (This is my deepest dream)

(Beloved, let us love one another! Beloved, let us love one another!)
    Beloved, let us love one another
    Beloved
    Beloved

That you are forever my brother (Here I struggle with you)
    And here I struggle with you my brother, my brother (Here I struggle with you)

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

I could never really get into them but maybe I'll spin their newest album now, that really sucks

7. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I went to their show back in High school with I See Stars, The Number 12..., Our Last Night, I Am Abomination. It was at a roller skating rink. It was one of the first shows I went to as a teenager without my mother, and it was the first of many before and then during the TPAS album cycle. They always were a ton of fun to see. Say what you want about bands in that scene during that era - they were full of energy and tried to put on a good show. Plus, being from the same city as me, they were the hometown heroes in a sense. I would see the guys at my work, they were so excited to be going on tour with (I believe) The Used at one point. I’ve been listening to Tracing Back Roots all day- I think I enjoy it even more than To Plant a Seed. They had such an impact on my high school music taste, hugely influential. I haven’t really listened to them consistently in a while, but they were one of my favorite bands for a few years. His problems have been well documented. Not sure what else to say, it’s just sad.

8. azzy01

Regular

RIP

literally just gave their latest album a spin for the first time then saw this news. Really sad stuff

9. dotKev

@dotkevin

Really listened to them heavily when I was deployed a few years back. They got me through some tough times away from family - I will forever be grateful. RIP.

10. azzy01

Regular

Agreed. Things were really tough for me between 2010-2013 and I felt like their music helped me through a lot during that time

11. DesolateEarth

Birb

Never really got into them but tragic nonetheless. RIP. Hope his bandmates and loved ones are pulling through okay.

12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Man, Cold Like War is honestly their best album and it only came out last year. I never really gave it enough of a listen when it came out... I feel really sad that it took this for me to get back into this band, they meant so much to me when I first got into metalcore/post-hardcore. It’s so sad that it feels like they were hitting more of an stride musically than ever before, and now Kyle is gone.

13. Windowsdown

He wrote some really relatable lyrics and seemed like a great dude. His last two tweets, man... RIP. Really sad about this.

beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.

16. This is one of the best things they've ever put out. Wasn't expecting that at all.

Nate_Johnson and coleslawed like this.
  17. Windowsdown

New Capsize song. Not my cup of tea at all. I love everything they have released so far so I'm a bit worried. The Angst in My Veins was a great melodic hc record, A Reintroduction... was cool in its own way with all its 00's post-hardcore influences, but this new sound...

It feels so bland to me.

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Saw After The Burial, The Acacia Strain and Erra last night.

Erra took a while to click for me, but Neon kinda solidified it for me, and now after seeing them twice, I'm fully on board.

The Acacia Strain was never really my thing, but they had a ton of energy and the crowd went wild for them. They played all of Continent which was cool since that's about the only album of theirs I'm really familiar with.

After the Burial was the main draw for me. They played Rareform in its entirety. I'd have preferred Forging a Future Self, but Rareform is a close second. I haven't seen them play in years, so not seeing Justin on stage was strange. I'm not sure if any of the original members are still in the band, so it was kinda weird seeing them play Rareform when none of these dudes wrote/recorded that album. But whatever, they still sounded great and the songs still slap, so I can't complain.

May try to catch Oh Sleeper/Terminal tonight.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. There's a sampler out there for the new Memphis May Fire album, and no surprise, they're turning into a run of the mill nu metal-y hard rock band. They're just phoning it in at this point, and I don't see where they go from here.

I wish the guitarist/main songwriter would actually put his creativity into a side project. I remember having so much hope for this band in the late 00's. How times have changed.

disambigujason and beachdude like this.
  20. Syre Dream

Regular

This new Silent Planet is amazing

21. Finally found this band again! These songs were my jams back in the day:

Very reminiscent of Artifex Pereo, Closure In Moscow, early Dance Gavin Dance, and From First To Last.

I wish they would have actually finished the album they were working on. The final EP was so promising.

Nate_Johnson and beachdude like this.
  22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Those similar artists you listed definitely have me interested, gonna check them out! Can only find the full-length album from 2007 though, can't find the EP anywhere.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  23. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Checking out the new Silent Planet record later today.

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Guess I should spin that Silent Planet record since I may be seeing them Sunday night and I don't know any of their material.

(going to the show for Greyhaven)

25. red8ge

Regular

did sworn in get their due? was listening to death card and they did a lot of really rad things, and i feel like i still hear their influence in stuff (IMO vein took a lot of their aesthetic but that might be a #hottake).

if they had a flaw i guess tyler never pulled it off well live, and near the end they added a lot of obvious live guitar tracks that were kind of lame