Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Post-Hardcore/Metalcore Thread Genre

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by poppunkpotato, May 17, 2016.

1. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

Well since this was a fun little thread on AP but it didn't make the jump to chorus, here you guys go.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe, more on the "metal" side, but the new Hatebreed album is pretty good. Going to see them next week with DevilDriver and The Devil You Know.

poppunkpotato likes this.
  3. Horrorca

Trusted

Poison the Well, Converge, Gospel and Code Orange are my favorites - nothing can touch them

unless, of course, we count Fugazi and Unwound as post-hxc in which case... I don't know, it opens a shit load of more options... but those two are kings too... different kind of post-hxc tho

also, BtBaM's Colors is immense

4. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

Architect's is the next metalcore album I'm really excited for. Also, The Ongoing Concept's Handmade should have made way more noise.

5. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

I might actually have the opportunity to see Code Orange soon. Along with Deftones.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

New saosin record slays

7. Horrorca

Trusted

I forgot These Arms Are Snakes, first EP and LP blow my fucking mind

a lot better than Russian Circles, bring These Arms back ffs!

mescalineeyes likes this.
  8. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

I'm really pumped for the new Architects. Lost Forever // Lost Together was incredible.

9. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

10. Horrorca

Trusted

does anyone remember Silent Drive? they put out Love Is Worth it on Equal Vision on 20014 (I think) and then disappeared from the face of the earth... I loved that album and listened to it for the first time in years today - it's still great! lot's of nostalgia too but you know...

11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The new Napoleon album is good. Only the second new metalcore release I've enjoyed this year tbh.

12. Horrorca

Trusted

listened to some Daniel Striped Tiger today - so fucking good

does someone know if any member did something after that band?

13. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

poppunkpotato likes this.
  14. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

this kinda sounds like Korn trying to go metalcore. (besides the vocalist, he just sounds like he's got his own style going on)

15. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

This is really good.

16. feat. Spencer Chamberlain

coleslawed and YouOnlyLukeOnce like this.
  17. drstrong

I'm Back.

This is just, so goddamn good. I know it's a Circa Survive ripoff but there is some serious talent going on here.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

I actually liked the new OM&M song.

19. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

Actually one of my favorites them

20. Jake Z

Regular

Listening to that Napoleon album now. Very impressed.

Jake W likes this.
  21. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

I met Wage War at the Orlando Warped Tour date and it was awesome! Very cool dudes! I hope they play a show in Jacksonville one day so I don't have to wake up at 5 AM to leave Jax to go to Orlando next time though lol

22. atlas

Trusted

this Night Verses album is unfair. How is any other post hardcore album this year supposed to compare?

23. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I'm seriously glad that For Today is giving up the ghost. Band was full of shitty dudes with shitty hateful views, all while ripping off AILD riffs.

24. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

I'm actually going to see For Today on their farewell tour because it's cheap enough to justify doing so. If they started charging more than 18 bucks I would probably not be interested but for 18 bucks I'll sit through a set just to get to Fight The Silence and Break The Cycle. Besides, the openers can't be nearly as bad.

25. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Anybody listen to Fire From The Gods yet? New Rise Records band who got signed almost a year ago but I think a lineup change has held up the album. Their new vocalist is really talented, not often you see reggae influences in a metalcore song.

ConArdist likes this.