Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Positivity Is Key to 2017 • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Feb 5, 2017.

1. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

I would say that over half the music I listen to would not have been if it wasn't for the AP.net community and the Chorus community, so I appreciate that immensely.

Petit nain des Îles and AelNire like this.
  2. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I fucking love you guys.

3. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Right back atcha, love muffin. :heart:

4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I would hug most of you if I met y'all in real life. Whether you're up or down, a hug matches almost every occasion.

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Honestly this whole forum makes life enjoyable more often than not. Thanks everyone.

6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

You know what's REALLY enjoyable?

@dadbolt goin.... Places in his truck

Really he's just an enjoyable person in general and full of life and positivity

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Endlessly thankful for the people on this website who have been beyond supportive during my struggles with addiction, i don't know where I'd be without you all. Too many to name specifically but you all know who you are, to everyone that has reached out to me in the last couple weeks I just cannot say thank you enough. Relapse is tough but none of you will let me beat myself up over it which is what I need. All I've gotten here is encouragement, which is also what I need

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I have to thank this website for being about 90% of my social interaction

9. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm sure several know her but my love, Lueda, writes some incredible stuff on her blog and I wanted to post this one particular piece of hers with everyone. www.alueda.net

Love Your Heart Out

November 21, 2016.

I’m going to put this out there, the universal truth:

@everyone love your heart out.

Love when it absolutely makes no sense to. Look at others with empathy. We have all lost our way in this ‘modern’ world. It’s far too much for the human psyche to handle. When people act with malice, their brains are corrupt and they simply don’t know better. If they wish for suffering on others and/or inflict it, they don’t know better. It may sound silly because ‘how do adults not know they’re fucking up?’ but that’s just it, this is the truth – they don’t know better, especially in the moment. Our brains are a product of conditioning. There is much happening on our planet in this moment, and most don’t have the foundation to keep them grounded; even the ones who do, are tested to the nth degree. Not many make it far completely in tact. But if you don’t allow anything to change the DNA of your own heart, then you will endure and continue on.

I read a quote the other day, ‘the road to paradise is full of pains,’ the truth. It’s easier to succumb to the ways of this world in wanting to keep to yourself and do anything it takes to ‘move forward,’ even if it’s at the expense of anyone or everyone else. But that’s just a temporary relief and escape that comes with a high price, albeit not immediately. And you’re not moving forward, you’re not moving at all.

Love people when they’re stupid and love them when they’re smart. The knowledge we have, anyone can have. But our hearts are our own, as Goethe said very beautifully. Don’t inflict pain, don’t feel superior to others (annihilate the ego), and more importantly, love your heart out because that’s what keeps you alive and it’s why you have one in the first place. What the world needs right now is not any more people who chase money, fame, notoriety or status. Only love and care have ever fixed wounds. And our world and lives are deeply wounded.

Love is justice and love is life.

Love is a universal truth repeated by the best humanity ever had to offer, throughout the times.

Don’t lose sight of love and don’t let love leave your heart.

Don’t dissolve in the crowd and never lose your humanity.

Anything you do, do it with love.

Love your heart out.

10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Just wanted to shoutout @Petit nain des Îles bc I notice your positivity and support for the users here and just thought it should be acknowledged. :heart:

11. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

^seconded. Alex is a cool cat.

12. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I never saw this thread, but I'm glad I've found it. As long as we're doing shoutouts, I just want to send out kudos to @iCarly Rae Jepsen . Always brining people up when they're feeling down. It doesn't go unnoticed. Thank you.

13. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

And bringing them down when they're up.

But seriously Ian's alright in my book

14. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

The Absurdist thread wouldn't be the masterpiece that it is without Ian.

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I appreciate everyone who tags me in posts of things they think I'll like! It's super cute and thoughtful. I feel like I already said that in here but ppl do it all the time and it's awesome

16. I just found this thread!!! I lurk more than I post, I'm really nervous lol but everyone on this site is lovely and welcoming. I've discovered a lot of music through Chorus and that's amazing. I honestly love everyone who posts on here, even though I haven't interacted with many people. s/o to everyone who gives me support in the mental health thread and the dating and relationships thread. I appreciate it so much. This is such a safe place for me and I'm slowly posting more! Love you all and I would love to meet everyone on here!

EDIT: I'm going through a lot at the moment and finding this thread lifted my day a bit. I love this community.

17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

18. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

19. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

oops sorry forgot @Joe4th you're cool too

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Love y'all

21. hello

it's me

22. Yes to all of this. This is the best community I've ever been a part of in my entire life. I'll make a longer post later, I just have to organize my thoughts and not forget each one I wanted to thank. It's a bit difficult lol

23. OOOOOhhhh look at those tears pouring on my meal, thanks so much hahahaha ! I opened up so much since the switch. You could mostly see me on the frontpage threads, back when I was Mario57 (2008-2015) and before the total revamp, and it was... horrible. Seriously, there was a huge divide between the negativity of that corner and the forums, which were more or less welcoming and safe. I'd like to say more but I'll keep those words for my big post later. Thanks again, I love you all, and can't wait to eventually meet you once I'm in Canada.

Garrett L., dadbolt and AelNire like this.
  24. I miss her. She's pretty much one of the biggest influences on my music tastes, tho I never admitted it to her. I hope she's doing well.

AelNire likes this.
  25. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I like that this thread started to morph into a thanking of other users, so I'm gonna bump this. Want to honestly and sincerely shoutout @oldjersey. Dan's easy as fuck to make fun of, but the dude reached out multiple times to me in a weekend to see if I was doing okay, despite me being a dick back to him and I appreciate that a lot.

Mary V, CarpetElf, Kiana and 4 others like this.