Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Positivity Is Key to 2017 • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Thank you for appreciating me, @lightning13 :) I've learned a lot from you

2. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I appreciate this place even more than I appreciate Brand New. I appreciate this place almost as much as Pearl Harbor sucked. But really some of the best conversations I've ever had have been through this place and its predecessor, and as much as I've beat my head agains the wall over arguments I've gotten into here since 2007, its really gotten me through some tough times. I really wish I made it a point to meet more people in person before work and life bogged me down. If any of you ever happen to be in NE Ohio I'd love to chat over a beer or coffee, especially true for @Dominick @Wharf Rat @lightning13 @Zac Djamoos @Morrissey @sophos34 @iCarly Rae Jepsen and I'm missing some in part because of the username changes but I really mean anyone, even @David87. I'll buy.

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

@lightning13 you are seriously the best!! You're honestly one of the best members on this site and I'm so glad you post a bunch. We still need to play Smite together very soon.

4. Morrissey

Trusted

Thanks, but Northeast Ohio seems unlikely. Didn't you guys set your own lakes on fire?

5. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Oh no, just a river. The feds stepped in and regulated water pollution just before a Great Lake caught on fire. Its really come a long way though, the EPA says you can eat the fish (this is the positivity thread).

Petit nain des Îles and Ken like this.
  6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Lightning13.fm!!!

8. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

you're a gem

9. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

when yr boi doesnt @ u

bruh

10. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

This is a great community and I am so thankful for all of the people I have had the opportunity to learn from, going back to the ap days.

I don't post all that much, mostly because of a serious lack of self confidence, so idk if anyone on here even recognizes me. I'm trying to stay positive about myself and work on that this year.

Dom, lightning, Erin, Ian, Nate, Jason, Kiana, Dylan, David, Dadbolt (I'm sure there are names I'm not able to pull right now)

Those are all people who have helped me either learn and grow as a person by sharing information with me and introducing me to new and important topics, talking me through some tough times (like when I was at my dad's place over Christmas), or just being able to consistently make me laugh even on bad days. I really enjoy the people in this community and all of the good they have brought to my life.
    I hope I can find it in me to participate more here and let go of my self-hatred.

Oh and last but not least, Eva is a wonderful person who I am very fortunate to have gotten to know outside this site. She's a great friend.

11. inspectorkemp Feb 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 12, 2017)
    inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

I'm relatively new to this community still and I'm certainly not what you'd call connected with pretty much anyone on an individual level, but I'd just like to thank you all and say that when the obnoxious wankery of the rest of the internet and real life gets to be too much for me, I always know I have this place to turn to for a reprieve and a place I feel comfortable and safe in. Cheers.

12. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

@lightning13 Thanks for always being a welcome and needed perspective all over this site. You're amazing.

And thanks to all the rest who make this place what it is. I am changed for the better because of it every day. Love you all.

13. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

[​IMG]

Petit nain des Îles and Robk like this.
  14. aw shucks thanks @lightning13, you are a wonderful person and you deserve so much happiness.

honestly so thankful to everyone here, from those I've been lucky enough to meet in person—@Wharf Rat, @sophos34, @schlotty, Ryan (RIP), Tetra (who knows where he is)—to those I barely interact with. even if we don't talk I appreciate your contribution to making this place what it is. whether it's learning from your extensive posts (ty @Dominick) or smiling at your gifs (shoutout @lightning13, @AelNire, @Kiana), it's all important to me and to chorus. also while I'm mentioning Kiana, I feel like on AP I only knew you as the girl who loved Christina, and obviously you are still that person, but I feel like you've opened up a lot more on chorus and I appreciate you doing so and am glad that chorus can be that welcoming place. also want to thank @Fucking Dustin for being a fellow sarcastic dad and always making me laugh.

and finally thank you to @Jason Tate for keeping this place running, putting up with all of our collective shit, and for giving me the chance to be a moderator.

and I'm sorry if I didn't name you specifically but I really do appreciate everyone here :heart:

15. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I've always enjoyed my interactions with you on here. I understand the feeling of not having confidence to post though, my secret to overcoming that is to post a lot of total shit and hope that maybe a couple of people find it endearing.

16. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Thank you @lightning13 for mentioning me. I wouldn't have seen this thread otherwise and it means a lot that you thought of me, I don't post a whole lot comparatively to some others, particularly cause I tend to only really post in entertainment threads, but I read a handful of other sections of the site and while I'm bad about clicking "like" on posts, I appreciate your inputs to the politics thread and have a couple links you've shared bookmarked currently. So thanks for that.

In the theme of positivity, I'd like to thank @Jason Tate not only for the site, but for publishing my writing on your site, which I will never be able to adequately express my gratitude for, especially as we don't always agree and I can certainly be a weenie sometimes. I'm sorry about that and will be better.

In that vein, thank you, thank you, thank you, so much, to anyone who has read writing I've done that Chorus has published. It means the world. Thank you.

There are lots of great people on this site and I'm hesitant to list people because I'm sure I'll forget people, but I always appreciate the contributions of @Dominick, @Kiana, @Wharf Rat, @cshadows2887, @gonz (Alex), @Anna Acosta, @Morrissey, @scott, @iCarly Rae Jepsen, @OhTheWater, @bigmike, @sophos34, and I'm sure I'm forgetting others. I always enjoy your insight on movies, politics, music, whatever else. I enjoy this website and so many of the people here.

17. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I love this place. I probably wouldn't have any more irl friends if I had to unload all my worthless thoughts on music and movies on them, so this site is pretty crucial for me. Especially the veteran posters who put up with me parachuting cluelessly into threads and asking what's new or if I should listen to an artist, or who tolerate my well-worn rants about how guilty pleasures suck and classic rock isn't a thing, etc.

This community has also been really supportive of my music (moreso when it was ap than chorus, but still) and that's a wonderful feeling.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I might wear Sublime t-shirts if I didn't post on here. Thanks guys!

19. Know that the feeling is mutual, bud. Always enjoy seeing your name pop up in threads and it's been super cool reading your reviews on here. Plus, I'm pretty sure you contributed to The Love Witch being on my radar, so I am obviously forever in your debt.

20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

need this thread rn. thanks everyone for the kind words toward me. staying positive seems to get harder every day, even when I start feeling good about something another something always brings me right back down

21. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Still talk about my shitty food opinions?

22. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Too many people on here to name that I feel like I've really gotten to know, who knows if the feelings are mutual but either way thanks for putting up with my lame jokes that likely only make sense to me.

Either way thanks everyone!

23. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I'd like to give a shout out to @St. Nate. You are the most amazing man in the world and the love of my life. Without you we would all be lost. Everyday I've known you is a blessing. There is no greater love than your love. My redeemer.

24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

No matter how snarky or snappy I get in the pol thread, I will not forget this thread and the love that's been expressed here. Thanks. :heart:

25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

ATTN ALL:

[​IMG]