Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Positivity Is Key to 2017

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AelNire, Feb 5, 2017.

1. AelNire Feb 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 5, 2017)
    AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

This might crash and burn but..

I feel like all of the mental anguish Trump/the world is throwing at us needs to be countered with a little positivity and encouragement. I'm not sure how it will work but maybe give encouragement to the post above you or respond to any reply. Whether it's a quote, funny meme describing them or telling them something wonderful about them. Just anything positive in general. We as a human race don't do this enough, imo.

I don't want this to be misconstrued as a popularity thing and I'll delete if anyone is uncomfortable.

@thechrisformat You were one of the first people to interact with me on AP. I feel like we have a special bond and I consider you a dear friend. You've been a positive influence in my life and let me bitch whenever I need to or talked me off of a ledge. The world needs people like you in it and I love you. :heart:

2. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

I agree. Obviously stay informed on what is going on but do not spend endless time watching the news or reading online commentary on the negatives. I have been delving a lot of time into a few passion projects. I will talk about one in particular:

I am in preproduction on a stop motion film, something I have wanted to do for years. It is challenging and I have found a lot of solace in my friends who we have all been encouraging each other to pursue their projects.

I know that it can be a dark time and it boggles the mind to why and how people could support such a troll but also realize that I have not lost faith in Americans. We have been through shit before and it is comforting to see people fired up and actually care about the world they live in.

3. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I always appreciate your insta posts Erin. Always uplifting which we need more of these days.

4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

:heart: From your posts, I can tell that you have such a sweet soul. That's a rarity these days.

Petit nain des Îles, lish and Jacob like this.
  5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I followed you Erin a long time ago and never got a follow back!!! :(

Then again, I don't post or view Instagram much, so I guess thats okay haha

Petit nain des Îles and AelNire like this.
  7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Gimme dat screenname.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I dont even remember.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

10. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Hahaha ME??? Still? After the past few months of me being in a mood? That actually means a lot. Thank you, sincerely. I appreciate that. Hope you're doing well, Kiana.

11. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I appreciate everyone in this thread, got my faves in here!

12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Of course!! You're a gem tbh!

13. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

love y'all
    [​IMG]

16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

your gif usage is always top notch and i really appreciate that, amongst all the other things :)

17. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

@AelNire @Kiana @lightning13

Though I don't talk to you typically, I lurk an unhealthy amount and you're all wonderful and I've learned a lot from you all over the years. I hope you all find more happiness.

@Fucking Dustin You are ok.

19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I admire that you're moving a good ways away from home. That takes bravery. I couldn't do it and fuck working the to go shifts at your job lol

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Thank you! I appreciate that. It was definitely easier being in Jax for a year or so. The key is not moving completely away at first haha. But I like movement, it's nice but not for everyone.
    Yeah, it's not the greatest haha. I'm down to two shifts a week in Togo though. Plus the other manager slips me dining cards to use on cash checks sometimes haha

21. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

22. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I have thoughts I wanna share but am on mobile and can't type much yet

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Dusty is better than ok

24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

..and a wild Seth appears..

25. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

@AelNire i appreciate the work you put in helping pick people back up when they're feeling down and also just making threads like this to inject positivity into the forum. also your gif game is srsly on point

@CarpetElf your takes in the sports forum about the jaguars coaching/management and their bad decisions make me laugh harder than anything.

@Fucking Dustin is okay

@everyone else in here, yall are all great and i love u all