Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portugal. The Man Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 4, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Seeing a lot of negativity on other boards.

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This song is doooope

3. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Me too, which kind of shocks me Portugal always changes there sound every release while still remaining true to themselves. Its one of the things I enjoy the most about them.

airik625 likes this.
  4. skurt

I wonder if theres going to be other versions of this song, it says Version A in it.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

OTHER BOARDS SUCK

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Love that song. Totally ready for some new PTM

7. Jakob Allen

Trusted

In regards to the new album release date, John said "Things will come as they come"

Guess I'm gonna listen to Noise Pollution a million times

8. airik625

So awesome that Mary Elizabeth Winstead is featured in it.

9. Straight up pop tune. It's cool but I don't think I would like an entire album like that.

10. airik625

I wonder how many mixes of Noise Pollution there are.

Can I reiterate how fucking cool it is that Mary Elizabeth Winstead is featured on that track? I :heart: her.

Jakob Allen likes this.
  11. Jakob Allen

Trusted

John says:

"There are a few other versions of NP, this is final version. I think we mixed another that has a different bridge. I'm not sure how many are going to be mixed but there are always a handful of different choruses and lyrics. We'll see!"

KidLightning likes this.
  12. airik625

Nice. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully we get to hear some of the other ones.

KidLightning likes this.
  13. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Finally just listened. That was fucking sick

14. airik625

It seems like a very natural progression from Evil Friends. I fucking love it and it grows on me after every listen.

KidLightning likes this.
  15. Jakob Allen

Trusted

According to a new podcast. doomin + gloomin may not even be the title anymore, album should be about 10 songs.

16. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Noise Pollution is amazing. I played it at a party and everyone was absolutely loving it.

airik625 likes this.
  17. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

First time I listened to Noise Pollution, I was okay with it. Now I'm addicted. PTM has always been changing and I'm okay with them constantly trying new things.

It's hard to even compare Waiter and Censored Colors as they are so different.

18. airik625

Same. I can't get enough of it now when st first, I was very indifferent.

19. skurt

Noise Pollution was a grower for me too, it didn't immediately grab me but now im obcessed.

20. irthesteve

Some shows in June and July

21. irthesteve

So this is pretty cool, today they put up a special pre-sale for the LA and SF shows where you can get a bundle of 2 tickets. One to the listed show and one to a show in March at a tiny club. I just bought the bundle for the LA shows, really excited for the tiny show. I might end up selling the ticket for the big show, not positive yet. Check their FB page for details for both

22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

It's probably sold out by now but I just saw this. Was there a different code for the bundle? Because the original code isn't working

23. irthesteve

lopstyle, all lowercase

ComedownMachine likes this.
  24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Okay yeah I was doing it with LOP uppercase. Also wtf there was still tickets available for that, sweet!

25. irthesteve

maybe beacause everyone was typing the mistake like the band posted?? Did you get them, and which date?