Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portugal. The Man Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 4, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

filming a music video

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. Jakob Allen

Trusted

are they gonna release doomin as PTM and gloomin as LOP? lol

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

THAT would be cool.

Jakob Allen likes this.
  4. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Unfortunately it's not gonna happen. PTMs hype man confirmed the album is NOT a double album. Goddamnit I'm losing hype by the day, this album is gonna end up being the No Mans Sky of the PTM discography

5. irthesteve

Come on, they blessed us with so many amazing albums, so what if they take longer this time? I'd rather that than a subpar album. I've lost zero hype.

KidLightning likes this.
  6. Jakob Allen

Trusted

according to an AMA on reddit with their hype man, the only thing that seems to be set in stone with the album is the title, and the most recent version he heard had 12 tracks... No album art, or set tracklist yet

7. Sometimes spending too much time in the studio, constantly making changes makes for a mess of an album. I still hold out hope it'll be good, though.

8. irthesteve

Sometimes spending a long time in the studio, constantly making changes makes for an amazing album. Kinda unfair to assume one direction or the other without hearing a single note of music

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

After Evil Friends I'm sure this will be sweet.

10. Jakob Allen Oct 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 26, 2016)
    Jakob Allen

Trusted

New song, Noise Pollution . we've heard a clip before but the full thing is amazing. I hope it's the single,which John says will be released November 4th. All credit to the poster at the PTM subreddit.

Someone else posted it below, I copied the wrong link, my bad yall

11. airik625

Nice. Looks like we may get the record(s) before the end of the year then.

12. irthesteve

Am I missing something with that video of PYRB?

13. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

14. irthesteve

That song is awesome

KidLightning likes this.
  15. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Whoops my bad, I copied the wrong link

16. irthesteve

no worries, enjoyed watching that video as well hah

17. airik625

That guy howling at approximately 2:49 is annoying.

Cool track.

18. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Mary Elizabeth Winstead tweeted that she did a song with them? I'm definitely interested in that

19. irthesteve

That's amazing, super curious to hear that combo

WhitestKidUKnow likes this.
  20. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Is that not her, stage right, on the instagram video in her tweet? Is she confirming that Noise Pollution is gonna be the singe we get next friday?

21. irthesteve

seems that way to me!

22. irthesteve

23. Jakob Allen

Trusted

did you hear about the change of Doomin and Gloomin? I think it is why Noise Pollution is gonna be the single, and not Feel It Still or Rich Friends. Would also explain why they arent playing those songs anymore.

24. Jakob Allen

Trusted

From Reddit, a poster was talking to John a few nights back...

"Didn't want anyone to be disappointed with hearing about a pivot from G&D so thought I'd add a little context. John went back home a few months ago and went through his dads old albums and found his original Woodstock ticket. Seeing that and the classic tunes he grew up on really inspired him to go with a different album concept. They had 40ish songs ready but he wanted to create an album on a level they have yet to reach. He talked about why they did 8 albums in 8 years and it was more to document the growth and transition of the bands sound. Now he wants to make the best possible music and is going to take his time and not settle for pretty good. I was getting frustrated like most but after hearing what's up first hand, I couldn't be more physched for what's about to come."

25. airik625

Well that's awesome. First time hearing about that.