Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portugal. The Man Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 4, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Portugal. The Man are from Alaska and have released 7 full lengths, plus EPs, since 2006.
    Constant members include John Gourley, Zach Carothers, Kyle O'Quin and other rotating/live contributors.

[​IMG]

bd007h likes this.
  2. irthesteve

They've been pretty darn quiet/secretive about their next album, but I caught this earlier today from Casey Bates

Which means A) there IS a new album that seems to be close(ish?) to done. B) They are working with Casey Bates again (holy SHIT)

Benny Burrito likes this.
  3. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Great band. Sleep Forever is one of my favorite album closers.

4. Need new music and needed it last year.

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah they are starting to be more active on social media again. Plus a huge string of shows. It can only mean one thing.
    They always have the best closers. Mornings. So good.

6. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

As far as I know the new album is going to have some hip hop influences and will be a double album titled 'Doomin + Gloomin.' Portugal. the Man kept inching it's way up to one of my favorite bands of all time from 'Satanic Satanist' until now. Always creative, always progressing, and always droppping amazing albums. I've been spoiled by the album a year thing, now 3 years removed from Evil Friends, I'm dying for anything new!

airik625 likes this.
  7. airik625

Where did you hear this info? It's no secret that hip hop has had a real impact on their sound.

And the sound of a double album from P.TM makes me so happy. Would make this long wait for a new record so worth it.

8. LionInMyPocket

Doomin + Gloomin Reference -

Also it's been a year or 2 now but they were in the studio working with Mike D. of the Beastie Boys.

Edit: They were in the studio with Mac Miller too.

9. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

It's feels like an eternity since we've gotten something new from these guys. Even though I'd take anything at this point, a double album would be the musical equivalent of mana from heaven. I want it so bad.

airik625 likes this.
  10. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Finally seeing them for the first time in less than a week. Bummed they're just the supporters but so excited.

11. airik625

Really wanted to go see them in Knoxville on Friday, but I didn't find out about the show until Thursday.

12. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

New song.

13. irthesteve

Hard to tell from the video, but I like the direction/feel of it for sure

14. Finally some proof.

15. airik625

Yay. Sounds good from what I can tell.

16. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Saw them tonight. New song sounded awesome. Also loved that they have a hype man now.

bd007h likes this.
  17. Deathco_019

Drummer

My friend went to the show for Cage and has never listened to Portugal. Said Portugal was boring and that they had a hype man, and he said he was convinced the hype man had no idea what he was doing. Someone else I know who was there said she was bored during them too.

I am sad.

18. airik625

A hype man?

19. What are these guys doing?

20. LionInMyPocket

Hopefully preparing to drop their double album Gloomin + Doomin! Still speculation based off their twitter (I posted the twitter source above). No concrete info yet though.

21. irthesteve

According to their Instagram, they have a new song on their Snapchat

22. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Has something changed with snapchat, or is it just a clip?

23. irthesteve

I don't use Snapchat haha, no idea

24. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Me either, but Im gonna download it now lol

25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

''Feel It Still (demo)''