Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portugal. The Man - Woodstock (June 16, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Jakob Allen

Trusted

They premiered it this morning. That's the whole thing

2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Jimmy Eat World announced "Sure and Certain" as the first single from Integrity Blues, but they released "Get Right" before it. It's also quite possible we get a different mix of "Noise Pollution" on the album than the one that was released.

Jakob Allen and airik625 like this.
  3. Jakob Allen

Trusted

We can only hope! Either way, John says we will get doomin+gloomin at some point in some shape or form when the time is right.

KidLightning likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That's very exciting news

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I thought I read that he said we would get certain tracks every now and then, but not the full D+G. I could have read that wrong though.

6. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Yeah I think you're right. That's what I meant by in some shape or form. Maybe an ep, or like b sides, or tracks here or there. I wish I had withheld from reading everything about this album/albums, as I have grown frustrated which is definitely affecting my excitement. Got too hyped so now my hype is crushed haha.

At the same time though, the band teased way way too much, so when they changed direction, it gave some serious blue balls.

airik625 likes this.
  7. airik625

8. airik625

This is the tracklisting minus the opener/closer.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Strange that Noise Pollution isn't on this. Unless it's the opener or closer.

10. airik625

I'm 99% sure it won't be on the album.

11. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Really dig Feel it Still

12. irthesteve

Feel It Still has such a groove. Thinking it might be one of the Dangermouse tracks.

13. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I was thinking it was one that Asa Taccone produced because it sounds like an Electric Guest song

14. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

Can't wait any longer!! I need this album! Loved every album they put out and it's just been too long especially only getting 10 tracks now.

15. airik625

There has only been one album I didn't care much for. Though it still has some really great individual tracks, American Ghetto was rather underwhelming in comparison to the rest of their discography.

16. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

American Ghetto is pretty underwhelming and I think the band isn't that fond of it but I may be wrong. But on the ITMITC tour like one year after American Ghetto not a single song was played from it.

17. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

I agree that American Ghetto was somewhat weak but I've grown to love it almost as much as the rest of their disc. I never understood why so many ppl were down on ITMITC. I think it is one of their best albums and I don't get the disappointment.

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

No release date yet? Unless I keep missing it in here.

19. irthesteve

I'm 90% sure that American Ghetto was promoted and released as a b-sides album essentially, to bridge the gap between the album before and after. It was barely distributed either. I could be wrong, but for some reason I always viewed it as like, a bonus album that they know wasn't the best

20. Jakob Allen

Trusted

This is correct. Asa is the one saying "is it coming" if I'm not mistaken

21. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

American Ghetto is good. In The Mountain was the one that I didn't love but All Your Light was brilliant.

Feel IT Still is really good. I like that groove.

22. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Really dig the new single.
    Please release this in like a month and just let us wait for physical

23. irthesteve

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I thought for sure there's no way Woodstock would be the name of the record....

25. airik625

Definitely not what I was expecting.