Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portugal. The Man Talk New Music

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. RoKKeR

The Fly

Works for me, love these guys. Satanic Satanist is a fantastic album, will always check out whatever these guys put out.

3. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

Finally. To be honest, they had me spoiled with how often they released albums. I think this has been the longest wait.

4. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Remember when P.tM put out an album every year? RIP those days. Still gotta jam this because they're always at least pretty good.

5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Woohoo you posted my submission! I was scowering the internet the other day trying to find anything regarding new music from these guys! The coolest thing these guys could do i think is diverge from the pop rock sound they have really been doing on the last 4 records and do something with a larger ensemble of instruments or make some epic, 7 - 12 minute jams in their own style. I doubt we will get this but i will love whatever they release most likely. My favorite albums of theirs is probably Waiter, SS, and Evil Friends.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I never thought they would make a record better than Satanic Satanist and then Evil Friends came out...

Woahhhhhh buddy.. Such a great record from start to finish. If this record can be on par, we are in for something truly amazing.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

It truly feels like the longest wait for new P.TM, it probably is actually, can't wait!

8. Maybe this year? Wtf

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Holding onto those rumors that it's a double album, pleasepleaseplease

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  10. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

I can't listen at work but have literally been checking every day for news of a new album. Can someone give me a brief summary of the interview?

11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I was wondering what happened to them. They used to release so much music...

12. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I think Zach mentioned something about a double album in there. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a single and they had a quick follow up next year like they did with Satanic and American Ghetto.

13. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

Gloomin + Doomin ... Last bit of info I've heard about potential new music, double album, etc. We are nearly 3.5years removed from Evil Friends and I can't take much longer without music.

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Censored Colors but with the more funk elements of the recent stuff? Would be perfect.

heartbeatsbrain likes this.
  15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

They kinda did make an album better than SS, it was the one before it.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

You're going to call me crazy but I never got into Censored Colors. I enjoy some tunes on it but it never grabbed me like TSS.

17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Haha, nah, I get it, they're so very different in every way. I love TSS, especially tracks 4-7 and mornings, but CC is just unparalleled on a production standpoint and on how the record is arranged is just awesome.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  18. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

YESSSSSS. This year has been great.

19. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

This band is very hit and miss for me but what I love, I really love.

Hope it's a good album.