Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portland, Oregon Location • Page 9

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Expanse, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Currently day 2 of my stay in Portland, loving it so far.

2. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Hopefully you'll be here long enough to see it without all the nasty wildfire smoke!

Arry and Jason Tate like this.
  3. :sickmask:

Arry likes this.
  4. chris

Trusted Supporter

I for one love not being able to go outside or open my windows for long without getting a headache

5. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

don't forget that you're not supposed to vacuum either

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The smoke here is so bad I tried taking pics last night but my phone camera sucks. It's cleared up some today but yesterday it was so bad you could barely see

7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

My weather app for Wilsonville just days “smoke”. It’s a bummer.

8. Tom

Sadly I fly back to Philly tomorrow morning :(

9. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

Love when I get invited to weddings in fun places. It’ll be my third time visiting but first in SE. Looking forward to the new view

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Kiana

Has anyone ever been to the night Market? I've always wanted to go but the timing has never worked but I'll be in town when it's here next month. Is it worth going to or like a hot mess of people and parking?

11. EddieDS

Regular Supporter

I've been twice. The first time was about this time last year and it was a mad house. You could barely breathe and I was kinda bummed because it felt like half of the booths were just selling succulents.

Went again this summer and it was way better. Less crowded, more variety for the booths, more food/alcohol booths giving out samples, and there was some good live music. I'd say it's worth checking out.

flask and Kiana like this.
  12. Kiana

I am in the vicinity. Had grand ideas of walking around the city and then I got here and went waaaah I'm cold so I'm currently sitting in my car charging my phone lmao. I did go into J Crew and I thought I was gonna have a Pretty Woman moment where they said I couldn't afford to shop there. That did not happen lol. Powells had too many people and I was not in the mood!! Shops before the holidays are such a nightmare.

13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i will be back at the end of april, so excited.

t_papaccio and Jason Tate like this.
  14. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

so where should I go for donuts when I'm here in March? Very excited to be back, if only for a day.

My plan is to move west in 2020 from Chicago and right now I can't afford Seattle or basically any metro area in California, and I have a couple of friends in Portland now...it seems viable.

15. Blue Star baby

tyramail and Jason Tate like this.
  16. chris

Trusted Supporter

Blue Star is the correct answer

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Coco is also purdy good.

18. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

move to portland, they have so much better food options than seattle imo. (food is how i rate a city lol) after 11 years in seattle, i might be at the stage where i wanna move over back home to vancouver/portland. i miss it and i can afford a house over there

tyramail and Jason Tate like this.
  19. Tom

I think about Portland so much. I can't wait to go back. I'd love to move there too once I finish school in a few years.

20. Literal

#1 Dawg

I'm ready for the snow and to not go outside for a week.

Bring it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Kiana

Noooo some of us do have to go outside tho.

Also I'm just using this as an oregon thread cause some of us suckers live elsewhere. But I do a lot of driving for my job so I'm not about that snow life.

Literal and Jason Tate like this.
  22. [​IMG]

Me all week.

midnightxtaylor likes this.
  23. Kiana

Last night I was sitting in my stupidly adorable but historic old apartment building with terrible ventilation and it was like 6 degrees with a feels like -5 degrees notification and I questioned all my life choices. And it's only gonna get colder. Not at all hyped for any of the snow! I'm a wimp. I'm regretting not buying snow tires this year oop.

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. chris

Trusted Supporter

Trying to go to Astoria tomorrow so hopefully the forecast holds. Next week looks like it’s going to suck though

25. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I'm in the middle of moving and the forecast is giving me anxiety. Half of my things are at the new place and the other half are at the old place, so if it snows a ton and I'm stuck WHERE DO I GO. Also, because of all the moving costs, this is not a good time to be losing work days :concerned:

Kiana and Jason Tate like this.