Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portland, Oregon Location • Page 8

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Expanse, Apr 4, 2016.

1. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Been a few solid first days! Our Airbnb is in the rose city park district, been to quite a few coffee shops, drove to cannon falls for the afternoon yesterday, tomorrow gonna do the Japanese garden then cinco de mayo festival downtown.

Jason Tate, tyramail and Kiana like this.
  2. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

At vendetta! Definitely enjoying it.

3. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Hello everyone. Im going to Portland for the first time with a few friends at the end of August and we are looking into getting an Airbnb. We won't be renting a car and plan on getting around mostly by foot and Uber. Does anyone have recommendations on good areas/sections of the city to stay in?

4. I’m bias but I like the NW.

t_papaccio likes this.
  5. chris Jun 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 14, 2018)
    chris

Trusted Supporter

Yeah NW would be good. You could even walk to places like Powell’s or Ground Kontrol from there. Plus like countless pretty cool bars.

Alternatively some of those inner SE neighborhoods might work, like Sunnyside or Buckman are close to a lot of cool places.

Also if it’s just getting around during the day maybe consider public transit, it’s super easy to pick up and will save money on Uber’s

t_papaccio and Jason Tate like this.
  6. Tom

Thanks for the tips. From what I was reading online NW seemed to be a popular spot. Im very excited to check it all out.

7. plus you could see a random Jason walking around wanting beer and pizza

t_papaccio likes this.
  8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Last time I got an airbnb I stayed by NW 23rd and it was perfect. Wish I could remember the host! Anywhere near salt n straw and elephants delicatessen with a walk or quick ride to powells and the Roxy is good to me!

t_papaccio likes this.
  9. TIL: Kiana was walking around my neighborhood and didn't say hi.

10. Kiana

It is v presumptuous you expect me to know what you look on the street like sry ur not Cher!!!

I used to live downtown and u never said hi either!

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. i could be tho

Kiana likes this.
  12. Kiana

If you are and havent introduced me to xtina I'm quitting this site immediately

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Agree with everyone else on NW. Super pretty neighborhood, lots of things to do, and probably the best spot if you don't have a car (walking or taking MAX/streetcar will get you anywhere else from there).

14. chris

Trusted Supporter

yeah NW 23rd-ish if you can book it, I used to work right off of there, cool ass neighborhood

15. Kiana

I know it's not a very local "portland" thing but also City Target is legit better than other targets. Sometimes it has less stock cause it's not like a big super target and its all squished into that lil building but I swear their clothes and home decor are cuter than other targets. Tho on the downside I feel like their cheap random goods aisle is worse than other targets

Sidenote I'm gonna be in Salem for nearly a month cause of work and aside from del taco bc I am trash I got no plans so if anyone knows that area for suggestions! I only ever pass thru

16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Hey I live in Salem! There's some chill spots downtown, Archive is very hipster, Coin Jam is our barcade and usually pretty chill. The Space in West Salem is a vegan basement bar that holds shows most nights and is a really cool place (shameless plug, my band is playing there July 15th I think. It's us then some shitty metal bands)

If you have specific questions let me know!

Kiana likes this.
  17. Kiana

Thanks! I'll be going in August which I'm kinda excited about a change of scenery but also sorta dreading it cause im a huge intorvert that hates deviating from my routine haha but figure i should try to take advantage of the area! Or pretend like i will

18. jjnunn118

You'll be here for the state fair!

19. Kiana

Youre right I'll be there for the beginning!

And who tf are Old Dominion?? They're playing the fair and in my town in a few months and usually I've at least heard of the artist that comes for the rodeo but I'm like hew

20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

The best comedy show I've ever performed outside of MT was in Salem. Stayed in the KOA afterwards haha.

21. jjnunn118

I remember seeing you we're coming through and being bummed I was out of town!

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. jjnunn118

Legit no clue! I thought the same exact thing!

23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

fuck, this website has been around for that long!

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. jjnunn118

It might have been AP but I'm pretty sure it was on Chorus that I saw that!

JRGComedy and Jason Tate like this.
  25. Tom

I booked my place last night and it's on NW Westover Rd. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

Jason Tate likes this.