Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portland, Oregon Location • Page 7

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Expanse, Apr 4, 2016.

1. I don't run the heat in the winter so I am prepared for the summer. I hate being hot. It's nice and breezy over here. Anyone can come watch bad movies with me.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm doing the opposite and saving the heat for the winter haha. I am always cold so I have a pretty high tolerance when it's hot. I'm hoping this winter I can get away with lots of blankets instead of heat but if it's anything like last winter... the heat will def be on a lot. Hopefully that was just a fluke cause it was ridic

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. midnightxtaylor

Regular

My house has no AC and I'm dyinggg, but I feel worse for the two long-haired cats. I wiped a wet towel all over them and they hated it, but then one started purring so I think he was secretly grateful.

Also, went to Green Day tonight and am going to TBS tomorrow and Circa Survive on Friday... worst timing. Venues here don't have AC and everyone always leaves wet :cringe:

4. chris

Trusted Supporter

I'm going to Circa on Friday also, I think Roseland might actually have AC. Praying for everyone at TBS tonight though, Crystal is a sweatbox when it isn't 109 degrees out

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

They rented out the back parking lot and a couple massive portable units. Pretty bearable in here right now

6. chris

Trusted Supporter

who all getting ready for this eclipse?

7. Kiana

We're all at work with our glasses!!

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. This is what I feel like the end of the world would be like in Portland

Kiana likes this.
  9. chris

Trusted Supporter

watched down at the waterfront, was pretty surreal that it got colder, looked like dusk and all the streetlights turned on

10. chris

Trusted Supporter

anyone wake up with a heavy dusting of ash covering their car? real apocalyptic out today

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Yeah, it's very eerie looking outside. I opened my car door and ash blew all over my work clothes. I'm so upset that some of my favorite hiking areas are not going to be there anymore because some kid decided it would be fun to light fireworks in the woods in late summer when we haven't had real rain in months.

chris likes this.
  12. It's this weird orange/grey color today.

13. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i'm anticipating the silent hill alarms

14. Dog with a Blog

I really miss having a reason to visit Portland, or Oregon in general really. My goal was to go to school there but out of state tuition sort of squashed that. Every time I visit the PNW it feels like home.

15. Kiana

Yeah today was the first day of school for me and I couldn't take the kids outside cause all the smoke smh

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Does anyone know someone looking for a roommate in the Portland area in the next few months? All of my current roommates are dispersing, and I'm struggling to find a place. I've obviously been watching Craigslist, but there's a lot of sketchy places, and the ones that look nice get like 100 replies.

17. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Moving to eugene in June/July :)

18. drummerAVA

Trusted

Just was in Portland a couple of months ago... first time. Definitely a quirky city but had a great time. The slopes over at Mt. Hood were prime too. Snowed all day, both days we were on the mountain. Awesome trip.

19. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Hello all!

A buddy and I will be visiting the first weekend of May (Thursday-Sunday). Interests include beer, coffee shops, food, etc. anyone have any good recommendations? Also we are gonna book an Airbnb this week, are there any particular areas to look at that is located fairly close to our interests? All help/advice is welcome, thanks!

20. Things to Do in Portland, OR • chorus.fm

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. Kiana

I always like to hit up nw 23rd. The spring flavors at salt n straw are my fave so it's a good time to go. Strawberry rhubarb with anise >>>>>

WAIT. I JUST LOOKED UP THEIR MENU AND THAT FLAVOR IS GONE WTFFFFFFFFFFF.

I need time to process this injustice

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Kiana

Maybe it's not time for that flavor yet that's what I'm telling myself. I thought it was here by March but I'm gonna tell myself it will show back up later. Cause they better not be taking this away from me tbh!!!

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

salt n straw just opened two locations in seattle, and i can't decide if i wanna wait 20-30 mins in line to grab a scoop. plus they don't have that many good non-dairy options. i'm not a big fan of coconut milk bases :(

24. Kiana

The Roxy is one of my favorite places ever. The tacky decor, the greasy diner food. They just get me.

25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Everything is booked! (Airbnb & flights) May 3rd to the 6th! Gonna be a nice weekend getaway.

tyramail and Kiana like this.