Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portland, Oregon Location • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Expanse, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

Ahhhhh go try their mac! Probably my favorite mac in recent memories

chris likes this.
  2. chris

Trusted Supporter

haha sorry, I wrote that confusingly, the mac n cheese is the only side I ever get there. I never need to try anything else

Arry likes this.
  3. Arry

oh i'm blind, but yes! haha it's so good.

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My friend asked me where she and her kid should eat and I rec'd Elephants Delicatessen cause that's the only place I could see her kid accepting in his current behavior/mindset lol and I'm so jealous and hungry now. I want to go and get all the desserts!!!

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Has anyone here moved from the East Coast to Portland, or anywhere else in Oregon? The Portland area seems like a place I'd want to relocate to once I finish up school here in New Jersey.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. chris

Trusted Supporter

I moved here from CNY yeah

t_papaccio likes this.
  7. Literal

#1 Dawg

Same. But from Florida.

t_papaccio likes this.
  8. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

You both happy with your decisions to live out there?

9. On days like today when it's sunny and nice af ... gonna bet there's lots of yeses!

chris and tyramail like this.
  10. chris

Trusted Supporter

^^tru

But even on shitty days Portland >>> Utica weather-wise. Less snow, less humidity, maybe even less rain.

11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I want to move here, but I doubt I'd be able to find a decent 1BR that accepts two dogs for ~$1,000 in a decent area. I'm probably destined to live in small town Wisconsin haha. I love visiting though. I'm here for two nights right now for work, gonna try and grab a good beer and dinner tonight!

12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Portland is very dog friendly. If you're okay with being a little on the outskirts of the city, you'd be able to find that. You can probably still find that in Portland, my guess is it would just be a little tougher.

13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

best resources for looking up rentals? i usually just peruse zillow, but i feel like there may be better options.

14. Arry

live in vancouver, commute to portland. i just put my mom's 3bd/2bath house up on craigslist for ~1300

tyramail and ChiliTacos like this.
  15. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

This is a good option, you're already used to sales tax haha. But it's close enough to Portland for bigger stuff you can just go there. I honestly just look at Craigslist or google apartments in the certain area, for listings.

Arry likes this.
  16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Visit/show up.

17. chris

Trusted Supporter

Craigslist has worked well for me so far

18. Literal

#1 Dawg

Yes. I will take Portland weather even on its worst day to living in humid-ass Florida.

The hardest thing for me about living here has been attempting to make friends. I went from a place where I had a lot of people I could count on, to essentially isolating myself for almost two years now. However, that's more of an issue with myself and thinking people wouldn't like me if they got to know me. If you have a good mindset, I'm sure you wouldn't have that issue.

t_papaccio, CarpetElf and Jason Tate like this.
  19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

What part of Florida did you move from?

20. Literal

#1 Dawg

New Port Richey. About 45 minutes or so north of Tampa.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh yeaaah I know the area. Spent a decent amount of time around Chrystal River and some suberb of Tampa i never learn the name of haha. That's a big improvement for you haha. Hopefully I'll be joining you up there soon

22. midnightxtaylor

Regular

My mom left Portland like 6 years ago to move there and she thinks it's better haha

23. Literal

#1 Dawg

104 degrees right now. Florida prepared me for this.

Got two fans blowing on me and feelin' good.

Jason Tate and CarpetElf like this.
  24. chris

Trusted Supporter

I'm not prepared for it. No AC, praying for death.

25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I never turn my a.c. on cause I hate myself but really I'm just cheap so I'm riding out the heat! I guess I do turn it on sometimes when I have guests so I don't appear as cheap as I really am. But like 99% of the time I leave it off.